Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low IC coolant brand new truck

Texaswhc

Reaction score
I picked up my 2019 2500 last week and it has 300 miles now. Last night I started it and briefly got a “low IC coolant” warning. It went away in less than a minute. Outside temps were low 40s in case that matters. This seems bizarre, should I be concerned?

D

Deleted member 80

Mine was low too. I had some Mopar coolant in the garage, so topped it up. Wasn't worth wasting my breath at the dealer.

thestuarts

Reaction score
Mine was low as well. The warning came on within the first 200 miles. I topped it off, and it has been fine for the next 6,000 miles.

I had my oil tested. No coolant was found in the oil, so I suspect the coolant is just low leaving the factory.

D

Deleted member 80

Well, if you are building a truck a minute, and you short every truck a quart of coolant, that really adds up...

Beautiful BC

Reaction score
I picked up my 2019 2500 last week and it has 300 miles now. Last night I started it and briefly got a “low IC coolant” warning. It went away in less than a minute. Outside temps were low 40s in case that matters. This seems bizarre, should I be concerned?

When you opened the hood, and looked at the expansion bottle, where was the level at?

AKDoug

Reaction score
Mine did the same at about the same miles and temp. I bought an entire gallon and it took about a quart to bring it up in the reserve. I have not had a light since then (4000 miles). It's just another stupid cost saving measure by RAM.

Necro

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out exactly what's happening? I also had the IC Coolant low light come on this morning and my truck doesn't even have 200 miles on it yet.

jkempken

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out exactly what's happening? I also had the IC Coolant low light come on this morning and my truck doesn't even have 200 miles on it yet.
Take it to the dealer, tell them to add coolant and mark it to track for coolant loss. Truck should not burn coolant, if it does there is something majorly wrong. Normal dealers check and top up all fluids prior to releasing truck to the customer, so they could have not done a portion of the PDI, fluid checks.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer, tell them to add coolant and mark it to track for coolant loss. Truck should not burn coolant, if it does there is something majorly wrong. Normal dealers check and top up all fluids prior to releasing truck to the customer, so they could have not done a portion of the PDI, fluid checks.
The PDI is so rushed now they skip over a lot of stuff and thats every brand, i just had a friend with a brand new chevy tell me his rear diff sounded funny i looked and it had almost no oil in the rear end and no leaks he had the truck for less than a week now he is getting a brand new rear axle due to PDI incompetence lol

Users who are viewing this thread