Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love the truck but them floor mats suck

unclelala

Reaction score
Picked up my 3500 Limited Sept 14 and was over all God smacked by its beauty BUT why on earth did Ram make the floor mats so small. They look great and seem well made BUT they are too small they leave so much carpet exposed to the mud etc.. and the back center hump has nothing on it at all. What were they thinking ? I definetly have to get some Huskey or Weather Techs now. If they only put a little effort to cover most of the vulnerable spots Id be happy.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I had the dealer throw in all-weather mats to close the deal. I was bummed when I received Weathertechs in the mail a few weeks later. I have had them on the truck for almost a year now and I love them. They fit well and have been durable. The back mat covers the entire back.

RPS1030

Reaction score
Husky all the way personally. Truck came with the Mopar Rubber ones, but they are so stiff that using the rear floor bins was really difficult (getting the mat out of the way and/or staying out of the way). Had Husky in the prior Ram, so got a fresh set for the new truck.

Now selling the Mopar ones :rolleyes::mad: “No, they don’t fit your half ton”

jetrinka

Reaction score
I put the weathertech floor mats in mine and think they fit/work great. Like them a lot better than the factory carpeted mats

unclelala

Reaction score
Those mats of your seem a little bigger than the ones in the limited and the back one of mine doesn't even cover the hump. Anyway I tried to get the mopar all weather but the only Ram dealer that had it in stock was too far so I settled for the Husky X-act Contour. I gotta say they look great and to me seem to have a less plasticky feel to them over the Weather Techs I had im my Ram 2017 1500. Speaking of which I can't get over how much taller the 3500 is than my 1500...maybe 8 inches as a guess ?

UglyViking

Reaction score
I had the Husky x-act's in my previous truck and absolutely loved them. A friend has the weathertech and those things got so slick when wet, even the OEM ones get more slick than I prefer, but those Husky's are perfect.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Huskys cover the most and are the best fit i have found way better than the oem rubber mats and much better than yhe carpet mats i just got around to throwing in the dump lol

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I have the Husky's in my Ram and the weather techs in the wifes 4Runner. Personally I like the Husky's a little more just because they don't seem to be as flimsy. But both were huge improvements over stock.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I have the Husky X-act in the front of my truck. I love them. WAY better than the old Huskys that I used to put in my trucks 15ish years ago. I need to pick up a rear before winter. The only person that goes in the back is my daughter occasionally, so I have just been vacuuming out the back as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread