Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking under the hood of my 2020 PW what are these for?

Distillusion

Reaction score
Anybody know what function these have? they are on both sides so first I thought maybe a headlight adjustment of some kind but does not seem like that is the case as they seem to spin freely without adjusting anything.
Maybe RamCares has been listening to you. Hahahahaha.
Know & Go App

"What the hell is that?"

jadmt

Reaction score
OK, poll time.

Ban @jadmt until he agrees to post his find?

:p
Sorry forgot about this. They do absolutely nothing. I looked at my buddy’s 2020 that is loaded thinking maybe the loaded rigs that had auto dimmers used them for something but his were the same as mine. pulling the shroud just reveals the other end which clips into a hole but there is nothing associated with it.

AsphaltCowboy

Reaction score
Wow, cannot believe you guys have not read your owners manual! Page 243, 2nd paragraph clearly states if you spin it more than 12 degrees clockwise your warranty is void, your transmission will identify as a GM product and will be out within 12 miles.
3rd paragraph states turning it more than 8.6 degrees counterclockwise will take you back to the future, talk to Doc once you get there. Tell him Marty sent you!

Looks like it's for an accessory you don't have on your build, possibly for a 2nd battery tray or shroud for a 2nd alternator.(guessing) It's some sort of alignment pin that would connect after inserting it through the metal support.

Users who are viewing this thread