Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to purchase-I got it

akguy09

Reaction score
i'm in the market for a new Powerwagon, currently looking at 3 different ones 2 Tradesman and 1 well optioned. Trying to narrow down what I really need. I will assume that the Tradesman do not have navigation, I have not physically seen them yet as they are both not scheduled to arrive for another week. Its not a deal breaker for me. I have had a 2007 Powerwagon in the past. Currently looking to replace my Cummins with a PW. My question is, like everyone else are deals being made on PW's or because quantity is low and demand is high.

MtnRider

Reaction score
You are going to pay a premium on anything right now. Bad time to be buying in my opinion but if you need it....

Moondawg

Reaction score
Try and use trucar. I used it myself (military), and got my 75th anniversary down to 63k.

Stojanowski

Reaction score
I bought my truck in February and sticker was ~71k got it for ~63k plus they offered me about 2k more on my trade in over other dealers.

Had to drive 7 hours but worth it to save that amount of monies compared to the dealers in San Anton, Houston, and Dallas

MtnRider

Reaction score
I bought my truck in February and sticker was ~71k got it for ~63k plus they offered me about 2k more on my trade in over other dealers.

Had to drive 7 hours but worth it to save that amount of monies compared to the dealers in San Anton, Houston, and Dallas

February 2020 OR 21?

akguy09

Reaction score
I am not going to be trading in current truck, but I have located a used 2019 with only 9500 mile, its a late build 11/19 which explains the low miles. I am going to look at that one because its the color I want. Seems like 8-10% off MSRP seems about right in my area for new ones.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
The PW's on the lot were almost $70k and they really were not interested in much discounts. I will be using my PW for overlanding and didn't want all the fancy stuff anyway (less things to go wrong in the bush).

I ordered one Friday and negotiated down to less than 1% below invoice price plus any rebate when it arrives. I took the Tradesman base model, upgraded to the 8.4 screen, added roof lights, and the power wagon package. I wanted the front bench seat and all vinyl because of my dogs. I hate cloth and carpet. It also does not have the PW graphics, grill type, patterned seats and LEDs and the off-road software package. It saves you about $5k.

Invoice was about 7.5% below MSRP on this truck, and I was able to get about 9% below MSRP. This isn't great, but in today's market, maybe the best you can hope for.

The 8.4 upgrade does not include navigation, and I do not think you can get it with this package (unless your dealer pulls strings?). I wanted the Alpine audio system, and it was not allowed.

akguy09

Reaction score
Well, didnt purchase the used PW, I am waiting for a dealership to call me since they have 2 new ones coming in on Wednesday

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I ordered a 75th anniversary edition on Friday. Got it for $750 over invoice. But with a $500 military discount, it will be $250 over invoice. I'm happy with that as I ordered one the way I wanted it.
Last 2 trucks I bought new I got for $500 over invoice.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I've dealt with 2 dealers. Both gave me the print out breakdown of my order. It showed both MSRP and invoice for each item.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
Yes, request the invoice price. If they won't show it to you, walk out.

If you join Tread Lightly, you automatically get 1% below invoice.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score

You have to join at the $100 level, wait a month, and you will get a code. I just printed the website and brought it with me. I was going to bust it out if I had to to say I would join, but they could make it easier on me. However, I get them lower without having to use it.

jadmt

Reaction score
While i like the interior of the power wagon better than the tradesman, the tradesman’s grill looks better by far. Also the monopaint and no decals look better, but the black bumpers look better on the pw....

psmura

Reaction score
Chrome bumpers on the Tradesman PW is a deal-breaker for me. Wish they would offer the chrome as an add-on like all the other Tradesman trucks.

akguy09

Reaction score
Had the funniest encounter with a Ram dealer today, I've been in contact with a dealer who had a Tradesman Powerwagon in transit, the Truck should be at the dealership this week. When we started talking price because I wanted to put a deposit on it, the dealer told me
" oh no we can't move off the MSRP, Tradesman Powerwagons are rare and they only made a few of them and now they ran out of parts."

jadmt

Reaction score
Had the funniest encounter with a Ram dealer today, I've been in contact with a dealer who had a Tradesman Powerwagon in transit, the Truck should be at the dealership this week. When we started talking price because I wanted to put a deposit on it, the dealer told me
" oh no we can't move off the MSRP, Tradesman Powerwagons are rare and they only made a few of them and now they ran out of parts."
well that is probably kind of true. They probably can get msrp on any HD Ram as the micro chip and seat foam shortage have made them harder to come by. not just pw or tradesman pw but any HD truck.

Users who are viewing this thread