Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long wait for truck

Drew M

Reaction score
it's a roll of the dice on any brand right now...granted the dealer should have under promised vs giving you a timeline that was that aggressive, but there are orders being turned around quicker than half a year...my opinion is that there are dealers that still don't know more about the ordering process than someone who has spend 30 mins on a forum

Ordered 2022 BH dually 12/1, delivered 2/15....right at 11 weeks
Ordered 2022 Tahoe 1/5 , delivered end of April...16 weeks
Ordered 2023 Tahoe 8/2, delivered 8/28...4 weeks...and this wasn't some unicorn fluke, there are others that are receiving Tahoes in less than 45 days from ordering...but the flip side is that there are people that have Tahoes that were built in March and April and they still haven't received them with no ETA
Or they’re trying not to lose a sale…

eafd22

Reaction score
Weekly calling does nothing, even once you have a case number assigned, and was told a ram brand mentor will be getting back to me within one business day. Been almost. Month since I was told that with no answer from them yet.

Pugtracker

Reaction score
2022 Ram 3500 laramie HO. Ordered on May 16,2022. Built on August 20, 2022. Estimated delivery date October 12, 2022. Truck is still in Mexico. Unable to get a straight answer from dealer. 22 weeks into a 12-14 week time that dealer told me. Bad part is that this is an employee purchased vehicle. I hope no one has to wait this long to get a truck. Almost ready to jump ship.
Where r they suppose to deliver it, mine is South Dakota and I'm not there, I was working there but now I'm in AZ. They change delivery destination soi have to pay shipping.

eafd22

Reaction score
Wisconsin. All I can say is I’m not paying for any shipping.

jebruns

Reaction score
Wisconsin. All I can say is I’m not paying for any shipping.
Yes, you are. Look at your window sticker. Pretty sure that, like mine, it will show a Destination Charge of $1795.

Reaction score
We were waiting for a PW in transit. Dealer in South Dakota said it would arrive in two weeks. That was back in October. :oops: We finally got fed up, found one on the lot in Iowa, and went and got it. Couldn't be happier. SD one still hasn't arrived. What galled us the most was that the dealer simply wasn't willing to provide ANY updates. They were happy to just sit on our deposit and let us wait.

Glenn Horn

Reaction score
The WAIT is well worth it.

I waited for over 6 months for my PW-75.

My order was cancelled by RAM at the 16th week because of “no more allocation” and promised a 2022 with price protection.

A couple of weeks later, a “fleet deal” fell through and allocation was available again…as I was told.

I had choice to either keep the 2021 PW-75 or 2022 PW (option 3 package).

I kept the 2021 PW-75 with no regrets (even with U-connect 4 as opposed to U-connect 5 and a few bugs which I will post shortly.
I ordered a blue Chevy 2500 8 months ago. Chevy reported they would not build any more red or blue trucks. I stopped my order and found a red 2022 Dodge RAM 2500 in SanDiego - picked it up yesterday - very happy.

eafd22

Reaction score
Well, rams website shows eta of December 23. I am not holding my breath. Last time I had an eta was in October and it got cancelled. Waiting to hear from dealer in the next couple of days.

Jmar

Reaction score
Do you think weekly calling help
Not really , just keep up on your salesman. It hit or miss how fast they build them and from what I heard on this forum it is some of the options that hold these trucks up. If I’m not mistaken the factories shut down for 2 weeks around Christmas and New Years So that doesn’t help things.

Users who are viewing this thread