Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Time Problem

Wayniac85

Reaction score
Hey, guys n gals. I hope all is well with you and yours. . I have been a member on HDrams, almost since it's inception. I posted, roughly 3 or 4 months ago, when I bought my new '19, 3500 srw long-bed truck....

When I received this truck, (apparently, left the assembly line like this), the driver's side brake light HAS NO POWER ON IT.

I have racked my brain trying to figure out what the problem could be. . Even took the LED rear light from the pass side and hooked up to the driver's side and still NO LUCK. . .Apparently, the single wire that comes back to the driver's side brake light IS DEAD!

If I could just find out the origin of this wire, maybe I could fix it?

Anyone hear of this happening?

ADMINS, if not allowed in here, please move to the corresponding category/forum...THANKS!!

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
This is very likely a warranty issue so I have to wonder why you're taking your new truck apart. Many of us loathe visiting the dealer and for good reason but sometimes it can pay to just bite the bullet and have the auto manufacturer do what it is contractually obligated to do.

Wayniac85

Reaction score
Well, my dealer is almost 6hrs away from me. There is a FCA dealer about an hour away, but I didn't buy my truck from them so I figure if I take mine down to them, they will have a **** hemmorhage.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
There is a FCA dealer about an hour away, but I didn't buy my truck from them so I figure if I take mine down to them, they will have a **** hemmorhage.

No matter. They can't deny you warranty coverage because you didn't buy the truck there. And you ain't gonna know how badly they'll hemorrhage unless you try.

redman

Reaction score
I agree with what others have stated, you paid good money for your truck and the dealer should make it right!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Well, my dealer is almost 6hrs away from me. There is a FCA dealer about an hour away, but I didn't buy my truck from them so I figure if I take mine down to them, they will have a **** hemmorhage.

Hi Wayniac85,

Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you address this with your local dealer. We are just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Service and sales are two different entities... I bought my truck over 2 hrs away as they were the ones willing to deal... I will be taking it to a dealer less than 30 minutes away for service.

Users who are viewing this thread