Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Load D vs Load E

ATXWagon23

Reaction score
Trying to see what you guys are running on your Power Wagons. The truck came with 285/70R17 load range D tires. I now have 315/70R17 load range E Baja Boss AT tires on it which I love but am now looking to upgrade to 37’s. Problem is the 37” Baja Boss AT is a load range D tires as most 37’s are. I don’t tow very often and not much weight when I do, but I feel the load range E tires feel more planted and don’t squirm around turns like the load range D tires do sometimes. Should I just stay with 35’s? Any recommendations?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I'm running 35" load range D Baja Boss on my PW
Funny that the 35s are D and thec315s are E.
I got mine at 4Wheel Parts but they would not mount them because they were D and truck called for E according to them. So I had to take the tires elsewhere to get them mounted.
I haven't noticed any issues with them. I had BFG 35s before that were E rated.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Look at the load index, it will tell you if the tires you want have enough capability. Also, check out a load & inflation table. Some D and E tires are rated the same 3,195 lbs (121 load index IIRC). D or E is a pressure thing, the load index determines the actual weight capacity.

See Sample below

Attachments

• IMG_2882.png
    IMG_2882.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

phatboy64

Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W. They are E rated 37s

Users who are viewing this thread