Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line-X Underside Concerns

E-Rod

Reaction score
Took new pickup to local Line-X dealer to spray the bed and underside (they salt the road in winter and I live off a gravel road).
Biggest concern: They partially sprayed the drive shaft and the U joint. They are telling me its nothing to worry about. I have gotten up to 75mph with no issues.

1612641611065.png

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Took new pickup to local Line-X dealer to spray the bed and underside (they salt the road in winter and I live off a gravel road).
Biggest concern: They partially sprayed the drive shaft and the U joint. They are telling me its nothing to worry about. I have gotten up to 75mph with no issues.

View attachment 11641
Thats fine its not enough to throw it out of balance.... your actually doing more harm than good putting line-x under the box it will cause moisture to trap and rot it out your best is a yearly under spray like fluid film

Dave88LX

Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it...but I wouldn't Line-X the underside of a vehicle either. Look towards a Krown Coating or Fluid Film type product.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it...but I wouldn't Line-X the underside of a vehicle either. Look towards a Krown Coating or Fluid Film type product.
Avoid krown unless you like changing rubber bushings and seals

Dave88LX

Reaction score
Avoid krown unless you like changing rubber bushings and seals
I did a lot of digging on it before I went down that road. I see some older threads across some other forums, but nothing too recent. Was there a change in formula, or were perhaps only certain types of vehicles affected? I have seen tons of positive feedback on it.

whitexc

Reaction score
Been doing fluid film on my vehicles every year for almost 15 yrs. Haven't replaced a bushing for that reason. Rust never sleeps and we need all the help we can get here in the salt belt. There are piles of salt at intersections. It's gross.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I did a lot of digging on it before I went down that road. I see some older threads across some other forums, but nothing too recent. Was there a change in formula, or were perhaps only certain types of vehicles affected? I have seen tons of positive feedback on it.
I have had the new formula and the old stuff the old stuff was bad but the new clear stuff is no better in less than 2 years of using it instead of fluid film i had change every single bushing and rubber now i use fluid film only

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Been doing fluid film on my vehicles every year for almost 15 yrs. Haven't replaced a bushing for that reason. Rust never sleeps and we need all the help we can get here in the salt belt. There are piles of salt at intersections. It's gross.

The best there is!

whitexc

Reaction score
I credit it for keeping my 2nd gen as nice and solid as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread