Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Longhorn Steering Wheel Cracks

SierraHog

Reaction score
I’ve got me a fancy 2022 3500 Limited Longhorn with roughly 10k miles. Question: anyone have any issues with the clear coat cracking on the the upper portion of the steering wheel? I have several straight line cracks appearing at random locations around the wheel. They are roughly 1/2” in length and are confined to top wood portion. I can feel them but can’t seem to get a good photo for reference. They don’t appear to be just scratches. I use a weather tech windshield cover whenever the truck is parked. I also use the side window covers whenever it’s a little hotter out. I can’t imagine it’s sun damage.

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
Do you use hand sanitizer a lot? It came up that some people have damaged their steering wheels that way on the Jeep forum.

jebruns

Reaction score
Sounds like a warranty claim to me. I'm not a huge fan of that wood portion on my 22 LL either. But I like the rest of the interior enough to put up with it. We bought an Escalde new back in '99, and it's still in the extended family, running strong. It has the wood on the steering wheel the same way the LL's do. Still going strong, although it has faded a bit.

SierraHog

Reaction score
Sounds like a warranty claim to me. I'm not a huge fan of that wood portion on my 22 LL either. But I like the rest of the interior enough to put up with it. We bought an Escalde new back in '99, and it's still in the extended family, running strong. It has the wood on the steering wheel the same way the LL's do. Still going strong, although it has faded a bit.
Thanks for the input. I thought the same thing about the warranty claim. I’ve never had the wood inserts and thought maybe this was a normal wear and tear issue others might be experiencing. I too am not a huge fan as it makes the wheel pretty slick when it gets cold.

Users who are viewing this thread