Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
99c2bd5f45b319418f6a6076ef371097.jpg

11347075e857053bfb9c3494c199ffb1.jpg

f32a36bd4c1c5394471e5496d1928019.jpg

a7f8761670c8e7d8555a42ac89ea468d.jpg

2019 HO Laramie MegaCab Patriot Blue
2020 Grand Design 311 BHS
Goosebox 16k
Tows like a complete animal and love the set up

Maiden voyage next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Reaction score
beautiful Cardinal! I've been eyeballing those Cedar Creeks. Can't find any with a propane fridge. :(
Thaat's because they are now an option and they cost more than a home fridge .

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Lot of those in Tx for sale like that.

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
2019 HO Laramie MegaCab Patriot Blue
2020 Grand Design 311 BHS
Goosebox 16k
Tows like a complete animal and love the set up

Maiden voyage next week

Nice.

Did your new Reflection come with Goodyear Endurance instead of the Westlake chinabombs?

I put on the GY's 2 days after gettings ours (2018 303RLS) from the dealer.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Nice.

Did your new Reflection come with Goodyear Endurance instead of the Westlake chinabombs?

I put on the GY's 2 days after gettings ours (2018 303RLS) from the dealer.

Thank you

And unfortunately no it came with the westlake E rated tires

We have about 6,000 miles planned this year so my hope is next year we change em out.

I added TPMS and temp sensors to the trailer so that should help some.
GYs are excellent and had them on the JayCo without any issue.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
+1 on Brutal’s comments on the tires. Our new Rockwood Signature came with CastleRock tires. I had read so much about them catastrophically failing we drove straight to Discount Tire Direct store and had them replaced with the Good Year Endurance. $600 well spent for peace of mind. I’ve read a lot of folks who are supportive of certain made in china brands. Most say use common sense, maintain tire pressures within specs, keep your speed reasonable and watch your TPMS monitors and it’ll be ok. We had a set of Providers on our previous trailer, they have really high reviews and I had no issues. I will admit I used to forget I was towing until the hall monitor in the passenger seat ;) yelled at me to slow down somewhere around the +75 mph mark. The tires held up and speed is supposed to be a reason for failure. Congrats again on your purchases, great looking truck and trailer combo.

Last edited:

NordicNevs

Reaction score
+1 on Brutal’s comments on the tires. Our new Rockwood Signature came with CastleRock tires. I had read so much about them catastrophically failing we drove straight to Discount Tire Direct store and had them replaced with the Good Year Endurance. $600 well spent for peach of mind. I’ve read a lot of folks who are supportive of certain made in china brands. Most say use common sense, maintain tire pressures within specs, keep your speed reasonable and watch your TPMS monitors and it’ll be ok. We had a set of Providers on our previous trailer, they have really high reviews and I had no issues. I will admit I used to forget I was towing until the hall monitor in the passenger seat ;) yelled at me to slow down somewhere around the +75 mph mark. The tires held up and speed is supposed to be a reason for failure. Congrats again on your purchases, great looking truck and trailer combo.

Hall monitors are the best lol. My wife just wants to get there so usually it’s me letting her know why we are going “as slow” as we are.

I agree on the endurance tires. Great tires and will likely be my upgrade. The grand design has no questions guarantee for the wheels and tires they have the 16” westlake ST load range E tire. The reviews I have read have been all positive so for now I’ll run those and keep them at 80psi cold and monitor them properly. I’ll post the TMPS sensor package I have below. It was a bargain and have about 200 miles on the trailer and they have been excellent.
96c94c070a044ad64853a3f659ac423c.jpg

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Looking at your signature block and previous vehicles, it looks like you trade as frequently as me !!! I would definitely be interested in your opinions/comparisons between the Ford and Ram trucks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had my fair share of issues with chinabombs and I maintain my tires well, so I wasn't taking any chances. I sold the takeoff Westies for $400 so my net cost for 5 tires was around #340. No brainer for me.

I put them on my boat trailer too.

I thought all the new 2020 larger than 150 series Reflections were coming with GY.

Zeroday

Reaction score
Looking at your signature block and previous vehicles, it looks like you trade as frequently as me !!! I would definitely be interested in your opinions/comparisons between the Ford and Ram trucks.
Not to get off topic any more, but I'm always amazed at people who trade often - don't you take a bath on depreciation? My last two cars were a year old with low miles and a significant savings.

NordicNevs

Reaction score

I do. I like to get new trucks and try new things and compare. I’m not brand loyal and have been on all the forums and there is always the same tone

1) they all have problems
2) they all have their fan boys
3) they all aren’t bad trucks

That said, My fords well they were junk. 2 lemons in a row just didn’t sit well with me. My fords were fast and they would tow like a train. Loved them until I started having issues. Then they both spent cab off in the dealership for a long time. Longer than I owned them. What was the cherry on top is ford said they would buy it back only if they charged me mileage and all my rebates and incentives back.
Lawyered up and lost because of a NM has a caveats that allow manufactures certain rights.

So ford chose to stick me with the bill instead of taking care of us. After that I said no thanks.

Now I would still own one as funny as that seems because I think the same thing could happen to an FCA product. My GMs were the most solid for me if I’m honest.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Not to get off topic any more, but I'm always amazed at people who trade often - don't you take a bath on depreciation? My last two cars were a year old with low miles and a significant savings.

Not for everyone and sure I guess you can but we all make our decisions and you make yours. It’s the beauty of is all isn’t it.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I have had my fair share of issues with chinabombs and I maintain my tires well, so I wasn't taking any chances. I sold the takeoff Westies for $400 so my net cost for 5 tires was around #340. No brainer for me.

I put them on my boat trailer too.

I thought all the new 2020 larger than 150 series Reflections were coming with GY.

I’ll probably run them this year and replace them in time.

If they blow then I’ll replace them sooner albeit er the risk of damage.

I’ll keep you all posted on these. 300 miles next week and 3000 next month. If there is a serious deal I’ll consider switching sooner but given the climate of things waiting may not be a bad thing.

Sorry for the side track all. Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
My fellow Leesburger, your post sounds a little judgmental. I look at things from my own perspective and knowing that life is temporary, I’m happy to be on this side of the dirt today. With regard to money, we’re sensible and live within our means but I make it, so I spend it on what I want. I do what makes me happy and wish others the best in doing the same.

Users who are viewing this thread