Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Oh also part of the towing fun today. When you let your buddy borrow your trailer and the next time you drag it out of the back yard and one of the tires is flat and you find this. Looks like it was dragging a tire for a while. Trailer just got 4 tires last year

49747127-1308-4819-A9B8-B025932B1F31.jpeg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh also part of the towing fun today. When you let your buddy borrow your trailer and the next time you drag it out of the back yard and one of the tires is flat and you find this. Looks like it was dragging a tire for a while. Trailer just got 4 tires last year

When you follow the drag mark to your camping/boating buddies trailer...

"But I just had the brakes and bearings replaced"...

We got it to unbind but someone obviously screwed this up at the trailer shop. He didn't want to tear into it so we just put in the lockout (surge brakes) and he drug it back home with no brakes after putting on the spare.

20210721_165242.jpg

b307a1

Reaction score
Same old setup. Dropping the boat in the parking lot to go setup camp.

View attachment 19747

On another note, pulled in to refuel in Springer, NM and there's 2 other RAM's there pulling the same model RV, though theirs were 2021 models.

View attachment 19746
I noticed how you made sure that Tradesman wasn't next to you. Banished to the far outside pump.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Went over the CAT scales at just under 23K today. The first time putting the fifth wheel on the new dually.

The turbo brakes are amazing. That's by far the biggest gain over my 2019 6.4L. The single wheel and the new dually both pull and ride with the fifth wheel very nicely, but the dually have me some comfort knowing that if the truck blew a tire the odds are far better that I'll not lose control with my family.... so that was my big drive to the dually.
deac2a59d261219f68f7feb338f17be3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Lawdog3500

Reaction score
Pulled a lot of years with a GMC 2500 Duramax, but as we look toward our next camper and how heavy it's going to be, the newer RAM seemed the way to go. We can't believe how well it tows our little Cougar around the mountains of Montana and Wyoming. Here's a pic of the double tow with the Wildcat in the Bighorns in Wyoming. Steep 6-8% grade for about 27 miles. The GMC used to warm up on this pull.Train 1.jpg
Here's the new setup, same spot. The truck came with a leveling kit, so it sits a little higher in the front. This only squats it about 2 inches. The RAM hardly knows it's back there.

RAM in Horns.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Man, I wish I had bought this truck last year. It would have made towing so much easier.
Loading up another one for its new home. Strapping and tarping tomorrow. :)

3EYjjD0.jpg

rUrmcBZ.jpg
I know you’re gonna close the hood before you take off but seeing the car on the trailer with its hood up makes me think of a dog with its head out the window and it’s mouth wide open lol

Users who are viewing this thread