Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I hit it every fall with fluid film or acf-50, but the way they put the salt down here it’s an uphill battle.
Im in northern canada we get railed with salt and liquid stuff i always have fluid film done and no rust and i plow with my truck, do you drive down any gravel roads after getting it sprayed? That really helps it stick and not wash off

Jsboening

Reaction score
Im in northern canada we get railed with salt and liquid stuff i always have fluid film done and no rust and i plow with my truck, do you drive down any gravel roads after getting it sprayed? That really helps it stick and not wash off
I live on a gravel road which they oil with chloride during the spring and summer which I think is liquid salt. They also have gotten big into brining the highways with some sort of liquid salt. The stuff gets everywhere. I wish they would just use sand. Or drive at your own risk.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I live on a gravel road which they oil with chloride during the spring and summer which I think is liquid salt. They also have gotten big into brining the highways with some sort of liquid salt. The stuff gets everywhere. I wish they would just use sand. Or drive at your own risk.
Its most likely liquid calcium nasty stuff but really keeps the dust down and slows down the dirt roads getting washboard

BroGo

Reaction score
3500 HO pulling my 37’ Genesis Vortex 3219VXL Toy Hauler. This was my first trip pulling the Toy Hauler with my new truck. I wasn’t getting the best MPG with the 37s but it towed nicely.
bcf005c38452eff68d286c95f4e466da.jpg

6feb484be34d004f61920112002ecb64.jpg

1608eb49e163d451d7b15ca3917248bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
3500 HO pulling my 37’ Genesis Vortex 3219VXL Toy Hauler. This was my first trip pulling the Toy Hauler with my new truck. I wasn’t getting the best MPG with the 37s but it towed nicely.
bcf005c38452eff68d286c95f4e466da.jpg

6feb484be34d004f61920112002ecb64.jpg

1608eb49e163d451d7b15ca3917248bc.jpg

What goes in the back of the Toyhauler?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I started teaching my fiance how to tow our boat last year as well. She picked it up super quickly and now has the launch ramp pretty much nailed. Can confirm that parking lots and plenty of practice time is the key.

My wife does just OK 75% but she trashed my tailgate and then denied jackknifing the trailer. Oddly she didn't do it on the boat ramp but when parking the damn thing in the lot. :mad:

My buddy's wife towed their horse trailers for years and nails the boat ramp about 99% of the time. With. a. stick. in his 94 12V.

I mostly gave up on her and asked my buddy to try. Nope, she doesn't get it - consistently. it's an attention to detail thing which she does poorly most times. Funny that she's a top notch nurse.

tchur1

Reaction score
My wife does just OK 75% but she trashed my tailgate and then denied jackknifing the trailer. Oddly she didn't do it on the boat ramp but when parking the damn thing in the lot. :mad:

My buddy's wife towed their horse trailers for years and nails the boat ramp about 99% of the time. With. a. stick. in his 94 12V.

I mostly gave up on her and asked my buddy to try. Nope, she doesn't get it - consistently. it's an attention to detail thing which she does poorly most times. Funny that she's a top notch nurse.
I feel your pain there. I used to back the truck up and she would handle the boat but on a windy day it got a little squirrely and she hit the dock while pulling the boat off and she was like never again, teach me how to back the truck up, Im not dealing with the boat anymore. Took about a month for her to get it figured out but now she's super solid thankfully.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I feel your pain there. I used to back the truck up and she would handle the boat but on a windy day it got a little squirrely and she hit the dock while pulling the boat off and she was like never again, teach me how to back the truck up, Im not dealing with the boat anymore. Took about a month for her to get it figured out but now she's super solid thankfully.
My wife won’t even try driving the truck let alone tow something. Long trips are fun…

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Someimes the wife wants (when available and willing) to back up the goose neck stock trailers but some times it ends in the old gearshift slam into park and you do it type of scenario. :mad:.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

We have a seadoo jet boat so the reverse steering is backassward and the throttle/neutral positioning is tricky. nope nope nope, she can't do the boat even a tiny bit. She can take the wheel when underway at speed if I need her to.

BroGo

Reaction score
Forget mpg. That setup looks sweet!

Haha thanks man. I thought that too until I saw a 14 mpg average and the current fuel prices. 35s are serving me just fine and I’m back in the high 16/low 17 range

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I had a BW 200 and it was pretty fun but the jack shaft chain drive was a PITA. Wanted a Fat Cat since I was probably 13. I think th Cat’s are worth like a million bucks if you can even find one in good shape.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I had a BW 200 and it was pretty fun but the jack shaft chain drive was a PITA. Wanted a Fat Cat since I was probably 13. I think th Cat’s are worth like a million bucks if you can even find one in good shape.
I passed on 2 bw200s at an auction 10 years ago. Both needed work but went for 500 bucks each. Definitely still kicking myself for that. Found a fat cat locally about a year ago. It was immaculate but the guy wanted 3500. Probably worth it but not to me, for what I'm going to use it for. I did finally get an fl350 though. Been wanting one of those since the late 80s. Got it right but needed the engine rebuilt. It should be ready to rip soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210915_183327891.jpg
    IMG_20210915_183327891.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread