Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

BroKV

Reaction score
Just brought home the new 5’er!
91fd7f7277d57a8cc6d64945fdb209f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What model GD Reflection? My Dad bought a 303RLS and I’ve been looking at the 290BH or 28BH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deadrock

Reaction score
What model GD Reflection? My Dad bought a 303RLS and I’ve been looking at the 290BH or 28BH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s a 31MB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I'm impressed. If I saw this guy rolling down I-35 I'd give him the thumbs up....... I'd also give him a wide berth since I kinda doubt that Tesla is really set up to pull a camper that size.

Impressive but a little crazy.
Teslas are VERY heavy. They even come with extra load car tires. They weigh about as much as a crew cab 4x4 1500. It probably tows better than a 1500.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Teslas are VERY heavy. They even come with extra load car tires. They weigh about as much as a crew cab 4x4 1500. It probably tows better than a 1500.
Watched the video Brutal posted. The driver states he only gets about 100 mile range towing the camper. He also says (around the 2:10-3min mark) that just because certain vehicles have better tow ratings doesn't mean they actually tow better.

As the Teslas get more popular I'd expect to see more stuff like this.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Watched the video Brutal posted. The driver states he only gets about 100 mile range towing the camper. He also says (around the 2:10-3min mark) that just because certain vehicles have better tow ratings doesn't mean they actually tow better.

Model X p100d dynos at 900lb/ft+

also, Every third car is a Tesla here in Atlanta lol I’d say they’re popular.

Last edited:

MEGA HO

Reaction score

Yeah the older dude suggested you could drive for an hour, then take a nap for an hour while charging it, then drive for another hour and repeat... well no, not my cup of tea, not spending all day driving and napping and I often do very long trips, not to mention often being away from civilization when you need to pack the extra fuel with you.
I've also watched some other videos and one of them mentioned the faster you go, the worse it gets. Towing a ~3500# trailer @ 70mph will only give you 70 miles range vs ~100 miles range @ 65mph.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Yeah the older dude suggested you could drive for an hour, then take a nap for an hour while charging it, then drive for another hour and repeat... well no, not my cup of tea, not spending all day driving and napping and I often do very long trips, not to mention often being away from civilization when you need to pack the extra fuel with you.
I've also watched some other videos and one of them mentioned the faster you go, the worse it gets. Towing a ~3500# trailer @ 70mph will only give you 70 miles range vs ~100 miles range @ 65mph.
It'll be interesting to see how the electric trucks (cybertruck, ford lightning, etc.) do on range and towing capacity. I'm not ready to trade in my 2500 on one, but in 8-10 years??? We'll see.

raven_dt

Reaction score

100 mile range and how long to recharge? No thanks

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Loaded up and ready to roll!
Nice.

I ditched the tripod stabilizer for a SteadyFast system. Stabilizes both ends.

It worked for us for years on the old rig but I hated that tripod. Hated lugging it around, the space it took up, and setting it up.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Nice.

I ditched the tripod stabilizer for a SteadyFast system. Stabilizes both ends.

It worked for us for years on the old rig but I hated that tripod. Hated lugging it around, the space it took up, and setting it up.
I got a tripod with my trailer but have never used it i didnt see the need, do you find it adds that much stability?

Users who are viewing this thread