Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a 30ft...I think the longest they make is the 33ft Classic, but this is not mine though, it is a rental. We're looking at different travel trailers to see which one the wife likes.
Awesome. I thought maybe I missed that you got one.

Sure looks good attached to that RAM.

Anxious to hear how it goes.

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
This is a 30ft...I think the longest they make is the 33ft Classic, but this is not mine though, it is a rental. We're looking at different travel trailers to see which one the wife likes.

nice! let us know how you like it. i know they are some other members out here that have Airstreams and have chosen a RAM HD to tow with....i'm one of them. i have a 25ft. Airstream Flying cloud ...we'd love to know what you think.

safe travels!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Well, I can see an Airstream not being for everyone compared to the 'giant boxes' as my wife calls them. Even though they are larger I guess we are simply not fans of the aesthetic.

She does seem to prefer the 30' for the extra space, we will likey try to find a smaller one to rent to give it a try...I also have a friend who has offered to loan me his 'giant box' to give that type a fair shake as well.

This is a 30' Flying Cloud... aesthetically, I'm not a fan of the monotone color everywhere; everything is light brown including the floors.

This trim does have the extra overhead storage above the dinette but there was a model (International?) which had the extra set of windows above the dinette which really opened it up and let in lots of light.

This one has the older AC unit so when it runs it is kinda loud, I understand the newer ducted system is much quieter.

The bathroom is fine and we have no issues there, the shower does get short shrifted by being located over the wheel well. My wife finds it somewhat annoying but not enough to make it a deal breaker... we've used/been in smaller showers while overseas and it's a shower, I'm spending minimal time in there anyway.

Seeing as how it has been raining on/off for the last two days, we both enjoy hearing the rain hitting the roof, it is not loud by any means (we are used to camping in canvas tents) but I can see some being put off by the noise.

Bottom line, it fills a niche (like anything else)...it either suites you or it doesn't.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Here’s ours. HighlandRidge Open Range 3X427BHS Model.
6f834a3fc18ca5a5cdb50eb1e555fc3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teubanks

Reaction score
RhinoFLEX loves you too! ;)
For real. The biggest downside I've found on this travel trailer is 2 dump valves and they are long way apart. Add that to a oddly set up camp site and it takes a lot of sewer hose.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Bottom line, it fills a niche (like anything else)...it either suites you or it doesn't.
Niche indeed! Always admired Airstreams, especially for their longevity. They are arguably the pinnacle of the bumper pull RV industry. But... holy hockey socks, Batman! That price point! o_O

Users who are viewing this thread