Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Thanks to @austins_dreams for the help this weekend wrecking my fender. After a few "what's the worst that could happen"s and a lot of swearing, we successfully installed the snorkel.

I'd also like to give a special shout out to AEV for the missing hardware and not including any templates or instructions in the kit.

PXL_20220529_190339969_Original.jpg

PXL_20220529_203907120_Original.jpg

PXL_20220529_173621809.MP_Original.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
Thanks to @austins_dreams for the help this weekend wrecking my fender. After a few "what's the worst that could happen"s and a lot of swearing, we successfully installed the snorkel.

I'd also like to give a special shout out to AEV for the missing hardware and not including any templates or instructions in the kit.

View attachment 38765

View attachment 38766

View attachment 38764

View attachment 38763
Looks fun and good installed. Just ordered one this morning.... Outside missing some hardware and a template the directions were pretty spot on? Any chance you want to take a picture the engine bay where you installed the new parts?

Andersen24

Reaction score

View attachment 38765

View attachment 38766

View attachment 38764

View attachment 38763
@TrailWhale, you my friend are a brave, brave man! I am sure that first hole was a little stressful to drill. But like all your upgrades, it looks awesome! And congrats, I think you're the first one I've seen do it!

UglyViking

Reaction score
@TrailWhale It could be just the picture looks deceiving, but boy does that fender area look tight. I'm worried that it's going to restrict a lot of airflow. Notice anything different in the truck with it on?

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Looks fun and good installed. Just ordered one this morning.... Outside missing some hardware and a template the directions were pretty spot on? Any chance you want to take a picture the engine bay where you installed the new parts?
If you have some automotive mechanical experience, the instructions were okay. IMO they were on the vague side and not specific for the Power Wagon. One step is to remove the lower grille via 7 retainers accessed from under the truck, which would be fine for a non-PW truck...but we have a winch and some of those retainers aren't really accessible. Read the instructions before you start so you have a good idea of what's going on, you'll notice several steps missing (like reassembly of headlight and grill)...

Don't try to cut steps with fender and headlight removal, we tried but quickly realized that the headlight has to come out. The new lower air box is basically molded around the headlight.

I can get more pics, do you have anything specific you're looking for? If you're wondering if it could be mated to a CAI (like S&B) it can't without some serious fab work.

@TrailWhale, you my friend are a brave, brave man! I am sure that first hole was a little stressful to drill. But like all your upgrades, it looks awesome! And congrats, I think you're the first one I've seen do it!
Before the first hole, it's center punching the holes! That's where it's no turning back lol

@TrailWhale It could be just the picture looks deceiving, but boy does that fender area look tight. I'm worried that it's going to restrict a lot of airflow. Notice anything different in the truck with it on?
I don't see any worries with airflow, it's pretty girthy. I'll keep an eye on MPG and see if there is anything to report back with.

I will say I removed a S&B cold air intake so I could install the snorkel (they're not compatible) and I feel like the throttle response is slightly more sluggish than with the CAI. I also have a Pedal Commander, so it's an easy fix.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
If you have some automotive mechanical experience, the instructions were okay. IMO they were on the vague side and not specific for the Power Wagon. One step is to remove the lower grille via 7 retainers accessed from under the truck, which would be fine for a non-PW truck...but we have a winch and some of those retainers aren't really accessible. Read the instructions before you start so you have a good idea of what's going on, you'll notice several steps missing (like reassembly of headlight and grill)...

Don't try to cut steps with fender and headlight removal, we tried but quickly realized that the headlight has to come out. The new lower air box is basically molded around the headlight.

I can get more pics, do you have anything specific you're looking for? If you're wondering if it could be mated to a CAI (like S&B) it can't without some serious fab work.

Before the first hole, it's center punching the holes! That's where it's no turning back lol

I don't see any worries with airflow, it's pretty girthy. I'll keep an eye on MPG and see if there is anything to report back with.

I will say I removed a S&B cold air intake so I could install the snorkel (they're not compatible) and I feel like the throttle response is slightly more sluggish than with the CAI. I also have a Pedal Commander, so it's an easy fix.
I was more worried about the airbox and the 2nd battery I have installed. Only after I ordered it did I think about if they’ll fit together. 2nd Battery, stock air box. There is about 1-2 inches between currently.F21372D6-86BD-4597-81A3-792515A93357.jpeg

RHINO69

Reaction score
I was more worried about the airbox and the 2nd battery I have installed. Only after I ordered it did I think about if they’ll fit together. 2nd Battery, stock air box. There is about 1-2 inches between currently.View attachment 38775
Is that the NH aux. battery cage? I need one but am having a hard time swallowing the $300 price tag. Seems a bit insane for a cage.

TrailWhale

Reaction score
I was more worried about the airbox and the 2nd battery I have installed. Only after I ordered it did I think about if they’ll fit together. 2nd Battery, stock air box. There is about 1-2 inches between currently.View attachment 38775

I’ll try to get you a pic when I get home. You should be fine though. The new air box retains the stock air box lid, so size is close to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrailWhale

Reaction score

d65061c03987577e2da2e21496aeb501.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
Headed to the brothers shop this last Sunday and installed the snorkel. Fit right in next to the NH Overland second battery tray with no issues.
Powder coated the included stainless steel hose clamp for attaching the scoop to the main body.
IMG_2952.jpgIMG_2961(1).jpg
Little powder going on. Amazing what you can turn a free oven on Craigslist into. Bake at 450 for 5 mins, drop down to 400 for 20 mins.
Remove and let cool.
IMG_2955.jpgIMG_2958.jpgIMG_2959.jpg
And while I was there at the shop... The bro and I built a tow bar plus a rear rack and installed them on
this Rokon I picked up a few weeks back. Up next for this guy is a trailer and log skid. What a nice relaxing weekend.
IMG_2931.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2959.jpg
    IMG_2959.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread