Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

el_barto

Reaction score
It looks really good! Does it have those structural supports on the interior?
No that’s only with the HD model. I did get roof rack tracks, so I could maybe get a roof rack in the future…. But I wouldn’t be putting a ton of weight up there. The HD model with the extra support would be needed I think if you plan on putting a RTT or hauling lumber, ladders, etc on the roof.

IPASooner

Reaction score
Was up north in the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire this weekend. A big storm had rolled through and some smallish trees fell across the trail. Got to test out the winch a couple times and clear the way...was really damn fun. Always fun using these trucks for what they were built for.
IMG_5051.jpgD4B9EB2A-FBEE-4386-BDF9-C5C470782EDD.JPGD900BEB2-7589-4384-8199-0C8B1D084432.JPGD5721892-D0B6-4BA1-BAB9-7BB5445BE32E.JPG

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Was up north in the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire this weekend. A big storm had rolled through and some smallish trees fell across the trail. Got to test out the winch a couple times and clear the way...was really damn fun. Always fun using these trucks for what they were built for.
View attachment 25970View attachment 25971View attachment 25972View attachment 25973

Did the same up at the north rim of the grand canyon. Trees fell in the middle of the night and it's one way in and one way out. Any campers behind me would have been grateful.

UglyViking

Reaction score
View attachment 25970View attachment 25971View attachment 25972View attachment 25973
If you ever wanna hit some trails together let me know. Also a granite stater!

IPASooner

Reaction score
If you ever wanna hit some trails together let me know. Also a granite stater!
Yeah, that would be great! I live on the North Shore of Boston but could definitely get up to NH on a Saturday or Sunday and check out some trails.

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
That's a nice area, I'm from New England but live down in VA. I haven't been up to white lakes area in a long time. Just hit up Lake winnipesaukee this summer for vacation, looking at going camping this summer to get some heavy fishing though. If I run across something like that I'll probably run it over to see if my buddy's Tacoma will keep up haha.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
Do you plan on using that ladder? I find it eaiser to eaither use the tailgate or the rear tire/ram box as steps. I see your tent sits higher than mine though.

Truck is coming together!
I will use the ladder on the passenger side. I have Batwing awning that I built 3 brackets for that allow for the tent to attach directly on the channel system of the tent. You don't see that on the drivers side. The awning will cover the drivers side and the rear. Here is what it looked like on when it was on my LX470 to get an idea. That solar panel on the tent has already been wired into a Redarc BCDC to feed all the accessories on the Power Wagon like on board air, ARB fridge and some lights I will be adding on the rack itself.

Screenshot 2021-11-19 081626.png

Users who are viewing this thread