Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Enjoying some NC fall colors!

decb5998f10dc682a8a91c3652165752.jpg

Greenhills

Reaction score
Bit of a wild ride to end up here.

Dealership called, wanting my 2020 3500 Tradesman. I inquired about a Power Wagon they had on their lot (actually ended up with it in the end) but the numbers didn't work.

They were able to make the numbers worked on a lowly optioned (didn't want a loaded truck) Olive Green truck that i linked the build sheet to earlier. Finance called, we ran the paperwork - i signed all the loan paperwork, everything was very quick and painless at this point.

Heres where it goes sideways... take this with a grain of salt, as this is what they told me and it might not be completely factual.

I'm outside cleaning my 3500 out getting ready to trade it in.. phone rings. Its the sales manager, he informs me we have a slight problem. The truck they SOLD me that i signed paperwork for.. was actually a truck they were going to pull from another dealer. Not an issue normally.. except when they called the dealer, they refused to let it go. The truck also wasn't even in the country, it was 2 weeks out from landing. So now I "own" a truck that I physically cannot get, and it wasn't disclosed that it was 2 weeks out regardless.

He brings up the original white power wagon i didn't like the numbers on. At this point i know they screwed up, and i know they know they screwed up.

I asked for 5k over my original asking price for my truck, which was already 5k more than i paid for it - they agreed. I also told them i want this Power Wagon for what they paid the customer for it, but that i would pay a small processing fee for the services they do on the truck - they agreed and showed me the numbers to keep everything in good faith. They also agreed to PPF the front end + roof of the truck.

Fast forward to the next day - a different finance manager calls me, i explained the situation and he was extremely embarrassed and apologetic; he ended up offering me a 10 year, 200k extended warranty for $1500, which i was very happy about and took in a heartbeat.

TLDR :

Dealership ****ed up, customer comes out on top for once.

To the truck :

It is used, it has 10k on it. It has a few nicks and blemishes, but no bumps or bruises. Overall very happy with the condition. I swapped my Method NV305 HD wheels with 37" Falken Wildpeaks from my ram into this truck. Very slight trimming required.

I added Rokblokz XL mud flaps for some additional coverage, very happy with them. Installed my throttle booster from my diesel. Reprogrammed for 37's with Alfa (can't get it perfect for some reason)

Washed, waxed and coated all the paint, glass and plastic on the truck.

Very happy, few goodies coming shortly. CJC Intercooler guard to ditch the valance, Factor 55 front hook, Magnaflow D-fit muffler on the way, might switch the fog/running light for the baja designs kit. Might swap the running boards for RB 26 boards.. not sure i'll do sliders since i don't off-road super heavily, mostly wheeling in the snow.

Attachments

• 20211109_131912_HDR.jpg
    20211109_131912_HDR.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20211109_142004.jpg
    20211109_142004.jpg
    822.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20211109_142022_HDR.jpg
    20211109_142022_HDR.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 20211109_142030_HDR.jpg
    20211109_142030_HDR.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 20211109_142047.jpg
    20211109_142047.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 20211109_142057.jpg
    20211109_142057.jpg
    847.4 KB · Views: 110

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Where did you get the flaps? Which dealership were you wrestling with? Oh and nice truck!

@JC

Reaction score
You should call your dealer back and have them toss out that worthless aftermarket warranty and get them to replace it with a real MaxCare warranty.
Bit of a wild ride to end up here.

Dealership called, wanting my 2020 3500 Tradesman. I inquired about a Power Wagon they had on their lot (actually ended up with it in the end) but the numbers didn't work.

They were able to make the numbers worked on a lowly optioned (didn't want a loaded truck) Olive Green truck that i linked the build sheet to earlier. Finance called, we ran the paperwork - i signed all the loan paperwork, everything was very quick and painless at this point.

Heres where it goes sideways... take this with a grain of salt, as this is what they told me and it might not be completely factual.

I'm outside cleaning my 3500 out getting ready to trade it in.. phone rings. Its the sales manager, he informs me we have a slight problem. The truck they SOLD me that i signed paperwork for.. was actually a truck they were going to pull from another dealer. Not an issue normally.. except when they called the dealer, they refused to let it go. The truck also wasn't even in the country, it was 2 weeks out from landing. So now I "own" a truck that I physically cannot get, and it wasn't disclosed that it was 2 weeks out regardless.

He brings up the original white power wagon i didn't like the numbers on. At this point i know they screwed up, and i know they know they screwed up.

I asked for 5k over my original asking price for my truck, which was already 5k more than i paid for it - they agreed. I also told them i want this Power Wagon for what they paid the customer for it, but that i would pay a small processing fee for the services they do on the truck - they agreed and showed me the numbers to keep everything in good faith. They also agreed to PPF the front end + roof of the truck.

Fast forward to the next day - a different finance manager calls me, i explained the situation and he was extremely embarrassed and apologetic; he ended up offering me a 10 year, 200k extended warranty for $1500, which i was very happy about and took in a heartbeat.

TLDR :

Dealership ****ed up, customer comes out on top for once.

To the truck :

It is used, it has 10k on it. It has a few nicks and blemishes, but no bumps or bruises. Overall very happy with the condition. I swapped my Method NV305 HD wheels with 37" Falken Wildpeaks from my ram into this truck. Very slight trimming required.

I added Rokblokz XL mud flaps for some additional coverage, very happy with them. Installed my throttle booster from my diesel. Reprogrammed for 37's with Alfa (can't get it perfect for some reason)

Washed, waxed and coated all the paint, glass and plastic on the truck.

Very happy, few goodies coming shortly. CJC Intercooler guard to ditch the valance, Factor 55 front hook, Magnaflow D-fit muffler on the way, might switch the fog/running light for the baja designs kit. Might swap the running boards for RB 26 boards.. not sure i'll do sliders since i don't off-road super heavily, mostly wheeling in the snow.

Greenhills

Reaction score
You should call your dealer back and have them toss out that worthless aftermarket warranty and get them to replace it with a real MaxCare warranty.
The truck is allegedly covered front to back for 200k.. what would be the difference? I normally never buy aftermarket warranty.

I didn't see any stipulations in the coverage agreement.

jadmt

Reaction score
The truck is allegedly covered front to back for 200k.. what would be the difference? I normally never buy aftermarket warranty.

very few second party warranties are worth the paper they are written on. Mopar maxcare is the only one I would trust. I have had friends who had those other ones and when it came to paying for warranty work they were always upset at the outcome.

Reactions: @JC

Etoimos

Reaction score
love all the Power Wagons, just added a few things to mine.
Spod and Randy Ellis light bar and Bakflip mx4 and 35x12.50x17 Falken wildpeak AT's.
SEMA is here so lights will be next. and finally figured out how to turn the ECO off.
better mileage now.

What is the mount you are using to hold your Spod switches?

I live in Colorado but that was in the Hurricane UT area.

Where are in CO are you, I'm in the Colorado Springs/Peyton area.

What year is your PW and which year Rokblokz did you get? I think the 2022 PW (which I'll be ordering this week) is concidered a 4.5 gen? I currently run a set of Rokblokz on my Gladiator and really like them as well.

Greenhills

Reaction score
What is the mount you are using to hold your Spod switches?

Where are in CO are you, I'm in the Colorado Springs/Peyton area.

What year is your PW and which year Rokblokz did you get? I think the 2022 PW (which I'll be ordering this week) is concidered a 4.5 gen? I currently run a set of Rokblokz on my Gladiator and really like them as well.
It's a 2020. I originally ordered these for my 2020 Ram 3500, but they are a direct fit. They will fit your 2022 as well. The coverage on the XL version is great.

@JC

Reaction score

See below.
very few second party warranties are worth the paper they are written on. Mopar maxcare is the only one I would trust. I have had friends who had those other ones and when it came to paying for warranty work they were always upset at the outcome.
This is accurate. Mopar MaxCare is the only factory backed warranty that continues your Ram bumper to bumper warranty and is honored by any and all Ram dealers nationwide. 3rd party warranties have exclusions, fine print and you usually have to fight for reimbursement or pre-authorized coverage.

Greenhills

Reaction score
See below.

This is accurate. Mopar MaxCare is the only factory backed warranty that continues your Ram bumper to bumper warranty and is honored by any and all Ram dealers nationwide. 3rd party warranties have exclusions, fine print and you usually have to fight for reimbursement or pre-authorized coverage.
Will look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread