Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's see them Night Edition Packages! :D

Test_Eng

Reaction score
Nice. How is the ride quality? I hear the Carli gear is quite exceptional? Did you give up any payload capacity with the Commuter setup?

Ride is mostly like stock but the hard Cooper tires are slightly louder.

Payload should be close to the same. The lighter weight of the Carli sway bar doesn’t offset the wheels and tires. I don’t expect to be pulled over and weighed given this in not a company truck.

I had the same setup excluding the sway bar on my 2017 and pulled just over 14K on several occasions without any issues or noticing any differences over stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nado

Reaction score

Payload should be close to the same. The lighter weight of the Carli sway bar doesn’t offset the wheels and tires. I don’t expect to be pulled over and weighed given this in not a company truck.

I had the same setup excluding the sway bar on my 2017 and pulled just over 14K on several occasions without any issues or noticing any differences over stock.

Good deal. I have the gasser 2500, so I am checking to see if this kit will work. I dont tow anything super heavy, but I do haul a good amount of gravel from time to time. Just wanted to make sure it doesnt hurt payload. After checking on their site it doesnt appear to.

I might call CJC, my 2500 Laramie came with the Off Road spring shock setup. So, I am wondering if switching out to this will lower my truck down a smudge.

Thanks again.

acuracing

Reaction score
I might call CJC, my 2500 Laramie came with the Off Road spring shock setup. So, I am wondering if switching out to this will lower my truck down a smudge.
The off-road package suspension components consists of only the shocks and does not affect the ride height.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score

Mostly like stock? I thought it was supposed to be a night and day difference with softer springs.

Test_Eng

Reaction score
Mostly like stock? I thought it was supposed to be a night and day difference with softer springs.

Lol, Maybe if I didn’t get a MT tire and lower my tire tire pressure. I’m running 65 PSI in all four tires until I get my AEV snap setup to lower the TPMS PSI,

I honestly cannot tell a difference over stock and couldn’t on my ‘17 either. I’m just happy to keep a stock feel with a little lift. I’m 6’7” and with the power step rails they now feel at a normal height for me to climb in the truck. This is how the truck should come or at least optioned from the factory.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Lol, Maybe if I didn’t get a MT tire and lower my tire tire pressure. I’m running 65 PSI in all four tires until I get my AEV snap setup to lower the TPMS PSI,

I honestly cannot tell a difference over stock and couldn’t on my ‘17 either. I’m just happy to keep a stock feel with a little lift. I’m 6’7” and with the power step rails they now feel at a normal height for me to climb in the truck. This is how the truck should come or at least optioned from the factory.

Love the truck, btw! Do you have the rear springs/shocks as well? Or just a leveling?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

Tuck looks nice! 20s pumped up to 65 psi will definitely give you a rough ride, especially with the small stuff. The suspension should help smooth out some of the bigger stuff though.

Test_Eng

Reaction score
Love the truck, btw! Do you have the rear springs/shocks as well? Or just a leveling?

Carli Front Springs,
“Fox” Carli custom tuned Shocks front and rear.
Carli adjustable track bar
Carli sway bar
No changes to the rear springs.

Nado

Reaction score
The off-road package suspension components consists of only the shocks and does not affect the ride height.

Really? I could have swore that I read the 2500s with the OR package sat like 1" taller. I thought the OR package came with Bils and a leveled front using Bil springs? I say that because my truck has Bil springs to go aong with the shocks. (purchases truck used with low miles)

acuracing

Reaction score
Really? I could have swore that I read the 2500s with the OR package sat like 1" taller. I thought the OR package came with Bils and a leveled front using Bil springs? I say that because my truck has Bil springs to go aong with the shocks. (purchases truck used with low miles)
I would like to think that an Off Road package would involve more ground clearance but everything that I've read states no change in ride height. It's possible the previous owner added Bilstein leveling coils but I'm inclined to believe from the factory the front coils are the same for the OR and non-OR builds.

Users who are viewing this thread