Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see the Two Tones, I don’t see many on the road

Tomp0026

Reaction score
I have a Granite over Billet two tone on order that’s been in the Twin Oaks rail yard for almost two weeks now. As I travel around I don’t see many two tone trucks out there. Do only us older guys get them? I got it to be different from the other trucks out there. So let’s see some two tones

jadmt

Reaction score
that should look sweet. I have a billet and don't care for it all that much as there is so much of it even tho I have the diamond black lower paint that is on the power wagon, but I think with GC being the main body color it should look really nice.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
I like 2-tone, but was not a fan of silver being the second color, so my Ram is just Patriot Blue. I really like blue over gray 2-tones, the True Blue over Granite in the 4th gens and the Ford Blue Jeans blue over Magnetic grey are a couple of my favorites. My first vehicle was a 2-tone brown 1987 Ford Ranger.

franko

Reaction score
I like 2-tone, but was not a fan of silver being the second color, so my Ram is just Patriot Blue. I really like blue over gray 2-tones, the True Blue over Granite in the 4th gens and the Ford Blue Jeans blue over Magnetic grey are a couple of my favorites. My first vehicle was a 2-tone brown 1987 Ford Ranger.

Agreed.
I was soooooo close to ordering a 2 tone. Knew that I wanted the delmonico red, but I just wasnt a fan of the silver with it. If I could have ordered with the lower color in GC, I would have done it.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
The Power Wagon only comes in 2 tone, unless you order black. Or do a special order and ask for the mono tone at the dealer. Cant do it on the RAM website

dynocompe

Reaction score
i had a two tone truck before, i told myself never again! It ruins the clean look, no matter how clean you keep the truck, it doesnt shine like a monotone vehicle. Just putting that out there if you are debating getting one

Last edited:

Slightlyhigh

Reaction score
I gutta throw my cowboy hat into the ring as well. Last June I took delivery of this 21 Long Horn Limited I order, after 2 hours sitting down with the salesman an 11ish weeks of waiting this is what I came up with. I told the salesman I didn't want the painted bumpers (sport package) he said fine. Guess what, I got them anyways. My dealer changed them before delivery. Also changed out the Flintstone 275 tires for Michelins 295 tires with factory 18in wheels. When sitting down an deciding on what truck to order A limited was on the table until, NO two tone exterior paint an (LIMITED LOL) interior color choices.20210616_185711[1270].jpgIMG_04851003[1264].jpg20210713_155657[1283]_LI.jpg

whitexc

Reaction score
I gutta throw my cowboy hat into the ring as well. Last June I took delivery of this 21 Long Horn Limited I order, after 2 hours sitting down with the salesman an 11ish weeks of waiting this is what I came up with. I told the salesman I didn't want the painted bumpers (sport package) he said fine. Guess what, I got them anyways. My dealer changed them before delivery. Also changed out the Flintstone 275 tires for Michelins 295 tires with factory 18in wheels. When sitting down an deciding on what truck to order A limited was on the table until, NO two tone exterior paint an (LIMITED LOL) interior color choices.View attachment 33230View attachment 33231View attachment 33232
I have to be honest....and it is only my opinion....but I think the bumpers looked better painted. It seemed to flow better with the flares and bottom color. Beautiful truck by the way. I like the wheels, color choices, etc.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Slightlyhigh

Reaction score
Your entitled to your opinion….. I chose chrome over paint due rusty rock chips down the road. Also going with chrome or polished rims. Due you see a pattern ?

Attachments

• 4010DEC9-2331-4A37-80B1-06D7A573CC11.jpeg
    4010DEC9-2331-4A37-80B1-06D7A573CC11.jpeg
    657 KB · Views: 54

whitexc

Reaction score
I get yah. Again, beautiful truck.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

joeycamp

Reaction score
I have chosen monotone on prior trucks; since this was a factory order, I chose to do the two-tone on my Delmonico Red.View attachment 32929
This is awesome. What I am actually building and ordering. I posted a question about it in another thread asking if the bumper was actually painted after seeing some two-tones on the road with chrome bumpers. Thinking if the image in the build was correct or not.

Do you have the Mountain brown/ light frost interrior?

jebruns

Reaction score
I gutta throw my cowboy hat into the ring as well. Last June I took delivery of this 21 Long Horn Limited I order, after 2 hours sitting down with the salesman an 11ish weeks of waiting this is what I came up with. I told the salesman I didn't want the painted bumpers (sport package) he said fine. Guess what, I got them anyways. My dealer changed them before delivery. Also changed out the Flintstone 275 tires for Michelins 295 tires with factory 18in wheels. When sitting down an deciding on what truck to order A limited was on the table until, NO two tone exterior paint an (LIMITED LOL) interior color choices.
Nicely done! I'd go with two tone if I could get the bumpers in chrome. But you can't order that way anymore. Personally, I like the black on top/brown on the bottom combo.

Slightlyhigh

Reaction score
Nicely done! I'd go with two tone if I could get the bumpers in chrome. But you can't order that way anymore. Personally, I like the black on top/brown on the bottom combo.
See if your dealer is willing to swap them out before you take delivery? Your gonna spent some cake, you might as well get what you really want !

Users who are viewing this thread