Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Replacements for Halogen High Beams

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I have the halogen lights on my Ram 2500 I don't want to swap to LEDs for low beams due replacement LED bulbs scattering light and are hard on other drivers.

However, I was wondering if there is a replacement LED bulb for the high beams and if it would be worth the cost as it would not be a issue for other drivers.

Last edited:

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
I would imagine the effect would be the same. I purchased these and modified the Tabs to fit. Better lighting but not like a True LED or HID Light.

Philips 12361B1 H9 Standard Halogen Replacement Headlight Bulb, 1 Pack​

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I used gtr brand before I went oem led. they were crazy bright. operated well on the truck.

deanfx

Reaction score
I just did and did NOT see a high beam replacement bulb.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I saw that one, but their vehicle query tool does not list it as a Ram 2500 high beam bulb.

I wonder how much brighter it will be vs the factory halogen high beam bulbs?

deanfx

Reaction score
I saw that one, but their vehicle query tool does not list it as a Ram 2500 high beam bulb.

I wonder how much brighter it will be vs the factory halogen high beam bulbs?
9005 is like an H11, just standard size bulbs. I never change my high beams, just my low beams. And the only reason I don't change them is in case the low beam LEDs go out for some reason that will probably never happen, I'll have the high beams. Plus I never use the high beams anyway. I'm just weird like that. But I do use Diodedynamics low beams. And even use Sylvania low beams before in LED form from Autozone with good results.

I can't speak for the brightness of the high beams. But if you try them, let me know your results.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I had GTR CSP mini’s in the low/high/fog lights on my 18. I’d did have the projector lows, but the fogs and highs didn’t scatter light like other LED’s I’ve seen and the light was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread