Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED light in tailgate handle

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I added something like this over a dozen years ago to my second gen tundra in the door handles. I was inspired by my then wife’s fathers BMW X5. She was into mods and helped me document it. If you’ve seen any of my YouTube videos then the username will be somewhat familiar. Somehow my photobucket still hosts. Ironically lost that truck in that divorce lol

Last edited:

copcarguy

Reaction score
I hope this is something that can be added on, I could’ve used this light SO many times!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get the part already and it fit up no issues?

Also what were the first 2?

Part is ordered. I need a new tailgate due a mishap between wife-truck-boat trailer so I ordered it along with that.

Kind of waiting to see if Jimmy will be able to get Alex to put the code in for AlfaOBD. Then again, I'll get it painted when the tailgate gets painted so I'm stuck with it regardless. I'll wire it up if I can't make it factory.

I added TTPMS so technically it works, but I couldn't sync up my sensors and decided I wanted temperature which isn't offered.

The other was the Hill Descent. I either need to find a significantly steeper hill or it just doesn't work. The way it acts, I'm leaning towards it doesn't work on a 3500.

No parts purchased, but I also never got Forward Facing Off-Road Camera working, also believed to be due to having a D2 3500.

1651Naismith

Reaction score
The other was the Hill Descent. I either need to find a significantly steeper hill or it just doesn't work. The way it acts, I'm leaning towards it doesn't work on a 3500.
Make sure you are in 4LO. I got the opportunity to off road in my 2500 with off-road pkg earlier this month. Hill doesn’t have to be steep, but shifting into 4 lo before hitting the hill descent was required.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you are in 4LO. I got the opportunity to off road in my 2500 with off-road pkg earlier this month. Hill doesn’t have to be steep, but shifting into 4 lo before hitting the hill descent was required.

Yea, been through all that. Tested on a 22° boat ramp and it doesn't work.

el_barto

Reaction score
Eh, I have it in my PW and I’ve played around with it but don’t think it’s anything to be sad you’re missing out on. Speed varies offroad, and I want to be in control of the pedals not in cruise control when negotiating obstacles. Maybe I’m missing the point of it.

g00fy

Reaction score
Part is ordered. I need a new tailgate due a mishap between wife-truck-boat trailer so I ordered it along with that.

Kind of waiting to see if Jimmy will be able to get Alex to put the code in for AlfaOBD. Then again, I'll get it painted when the tailgate gets painted so I'm stuck with it regardless. I'll wire it up if I can't make it factory.

I added TTPMS so technically it works, but I couldn't sync up my sensors and decided I wanted temperature which isn't offered.

No parts purchased, but I also never got Forward Facing Off-Road Camera working, also believed to be due to having a D2 3500.

Where'd you order from? And did you get any updates on your order yet? When I check the status on mine it's just blank, doesn't say processing or shipped...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Where'd you order from? And did you get any updates on your order yet? When I check the status on mine it's just blank, doesn't say processing or shipped...

Moparpartsgiant - they had by far the best shipping rate for the tailgate I ordered.

Ordered 9-27, received order update 9-28 that the parts had been ordered from the parts center, ETA 10-6.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Moparpartsgiant - they had by far the best shipping rate for the tailgate I ordered.

Ordered 9-27, received order update 9-28 that the parts had been ordered from the parts center, ETA 10-6.
Get it yet?

g00fy

Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be arriving at the Allmoparparts today to be shipped out to me today. If it ships out today i'll probably see it tomorrow since they're only a couple hours away on long island.

Edit: Just got tracking info, so i should see the part tomorrow.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread