Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED interior/exterior swaps?

oaklandopen

Reaction score
anyone changed out the standard bulbs for LEDs yet? i'm talking about the interior domes, maps, etc and any of the exteriors that are basic halogen like the CHMSL and clearance lights

specifically, are there any canbus issues when doing this? just traded in a laramie 1500 that didn't like the license plate light swap but didn't give me any problems with the CHMSL when i went to LED.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
FWIW, I know many folks over on the 1500 forum have changed out the CHMSL and interior lights with no issues.
I don't recall anything about other exterior lights, sorry.

I've never had an issue getting good LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs... their vehicle selection function has been spot on. And if you know how much clearance you have in the housing, you can usually get one of the oversized LEDs for more light.

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Sounds good. I know I always had problems with my 15's headlights. I never got a good set of xenons that would work. And the license plate LEDs threw a code but the CHMSL and bed flood light didn't

I just didn't want to waste time and money on interiors if it's going to throw codes

Users who are viewing this thread