Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Led Headlights

mostcorey95

Reaction score
So have been looking at led headlight bulbs for my tradesman. Debating between aux beam, auxito, lasfit or rpm 956 bulbs. Does anyone have experience with them working or not working well for the housing.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Have you thought about installing some led housing off of a Laramie trim Ram? It seems like all the retrofit led bulbs scatter light all over the place. It sucks for oncoming traffic. Especially those in lower height vehicles. Not trying to be a jerk, but driving around here is miserable at night with people running led bulbs and light bars even.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
Have you thought about installing some led housing off of a Laramie trim Ram? It seems like all the retrofit led bulbs scatter light all over the place. It sucks for oncoming traffic. Especially those in lower height vehicles. Not trying to be a jerk, but driving around here is miserable at night with people running led bulbs and light bars even.

I have thought about it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
But don’t care?
Its usually only the cheap amazon bulbs that scatter light. good bulbs will not be any worse than the oem led reflectors and about 1200$ cheaper…. Check out headlight revolution they have some great videos explaining this.

To the OP id look on headlight revolutions sight they have some great options tailored to the 4.5 gen rams

flan

Reaction score
I bought diode dynamics made in the USA, they have a nice cutoff in the halogen housing. I had the wife take for a ride and I came the other direction in her vehicle to assure my alignment was not blinding along with scatter as mentioned.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I'll ship you my set once I get the reflector led housings in!

mostcorey95

Reaction score
Its usually only the cheap amazon bulbs that scatter light. good bulbs will not be any worse than the oem led reflectors and about 1200$ cheaper…. Check out headlight revolution they have some great videos explaining this.

To the OP id look on headlight revolutions sight they have some great options tailored to the 4.5 gen rams

Yeah I was talking to them about the ones I posed as well. As they stated they are all good options they all have a cut out and adjustment. I have used rpm on my 4th gen and aux beam auxito seems to be the knock off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andersen24

Reaction score
Hikari is another great brand that I use regularly……..being colorblind I have limited depth perception at night as a result of it. Also, it doesnt matter what quality of halogen bulb I used, they all limited my peripheral vision and made colors hard to distinguish due to the Kelvin scale (halogen bulbs are typically 2700-3000 kelvin, vs. 6000 kelvin for LED). For those reasons, I am a huge supporter of LED bulbs. The color temperature of the LED gives me all of my depth perception back. I have LED bulbs in all my vehicles and motorcycles and NEVER get flashed. Then again, be respectful and re-aim your bulbs after. I do the old measure the height of the center point of the bulb, transfer it onto your garage door or a wall, mark 2” below that, back up 25’ and make that mark your beam cutoff.

Users who are viewing this thread