Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Headlights never turn off

DP3500

Reaction score
Sorry if this was discussed already, I tried to search but didn't find it anywhere.

Anyways, I have a 2020 3500 limited with the LED headlights. when the dial is turned all the way to the left (off position) the small LED strip stays on. Meaning there is never a point in which the lights are completely off, is this supposed to be the case? I would like to have the option to them completely off but not sure if that is an option.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sorry if this was discussed already, I tried to search but didn't find it anywhere.

Anyways, I have a 2020 3500 limited with the LED headlights. when the dial is turned all the way to the left (off position) the small LED strip stays on. Meaning there is never a point in which the lights are completely off, is this supposed to be the case? I would like to have the option to them completely off but not sure if that is an option.
Thats how it is setup

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Are you in Canada? In the US we have the option in the computer to disable DRL.

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
Don't see what is annoying about them. I think they look bad ass. The whole reason I seeked a Ram 2500 with LED lights. Looks super mean and aggressive if you ask me.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I think maybe you can disable with AlfaOBD

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I really like the signature LED but I do wish it was on a switch. AlphaOBD is the answer if you want to keep them off all the time.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I mean, you could get really fancy and track down the power line and wire it to an aux switch.

DP3500

Reaction score
Don't see what is annoying about them. I think they look bad ass. The whole reason I seeked a Ram 2500 with LED lights. Looks super mean and aggressive if you ask me.
I do as well, love the look of them. Just wish I could turn them off with the switch without external mods.

Reaction score
Ive had vehicles before that had accent lights that only turned off when in park and all lights off and then the parking break engaged so you can try that

Users who are viewing this thread