Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Headlight option

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes i actually thought that the MM had more usable light whereas the AR was just a big blob of light.. MM are pricey now.. 1700$ for the XB and 1k for the hybrids.. that’s a lot of cheese either way you slice it..
Its 2500$ for them here and 1300 each housing for OEM led projector…

hookedup2407

Reaction score
Its 2500$ for them here and 1300 each housing for OEM led projector…
Think i might just get the OEM reflector LEDs i just found them priced a little over @1k$.. still expensive.. I’ve never had LED headlights.. figured it’s about time

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Are these both the correct part numbers for the basic LEDs not the projector LEDs that are steerable (on limiteds).

68360179AC left
68360180AC right

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
the top part number you list is a night edition, reflector led, left side.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I'm not sure lol only reason I knew that one is because I bought a set.

sn_85

Reaction score
I bought the Morimoto XB LED headlights on a black Friday special last year. I've had them installed for a few months now. These put out a ton of light and have a really sharp cutoff to not blind oncoming traffic. Super high quality (they should be for the price). I have no worries about warranty issues. The stock halogens are a joke.
View attachment 44647
View attachment 44648

View attachment 44649

Did you get the Morimoto XB fogs as well? Looking to upgrade my reflector halogens this xmas with the Morimoto BF sales. Are you still liking the headlights and any issues with them?

Capital E

Reaction score
Did you get the Morimoto XB fogs as well? Looking to upgrade my reflector halogens this xmas with the Morimoto BF sales. Are you still liking the headlights and any issues with them?
My wife got me the fogs as a birthday present so I installed the headlights first and the fogs later. Could definitely see a difference with the fog light upgrade as well. No issues with the headlights and yes I am still loving them. They light up street signs during the day time. I haven't been flashed by oncoming traffic but still feel like I am aimed a little high. I've been meaning to point them a little lower but haven't had a chance yet.

b307a1

Reaction score
Don’t think I want the night edition lights.

Are these two the non night edition ones?68360180AC right
68360181AC left
Yes those are the non night (chrome) version. I just swapped out my halogens with those same part numbers.

Attachments

• 20221128_121736.jpg
    20221128_121736.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 41

kristof

Reaction score
My wife got me the fogs as a birthday present so I installed the headlights first and the fogs later. Could definitely see a difference with the fog light upgrade as well. No issues with the headlights and yes I am still loving them. They light up street signs during the day time. I haven't been flashed by oncoming traffic but still feel like I am aimed a little high. I've been meaning to point them a little lower but haven't had a chance yet.
I have my Morimoto headlights installed for couple months now. Per instructions I adjusted them to aim 1" lower at 25ft then what they measure from pavement to the dot on the lens. Mines are 42". So I adjusted the beam to be 41" at 25ft. Still the lower cars flashed me couple of times.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have my Morimoto headlights installed for couple months now. Per instructions I adjusted them to aim 1" lower at 25ft then what they measure from pavement to the dot on the lens. Mines are 42". So I adjusted the beam to be 41" at 25ft. Still the lower cars flashed me couple of times.
Cars will always flash trucks its just how it is

hookedup2407

Reaction score
Did you have to remove the headlights to aim them?

kristof

Reaction score
Did you have to remove the headlights to aim them?
No I don't. But the adjustment screws are not so easy to access either. I use a socket with extension to access the one on the drivers side. But on the passenger side I have to remove the air filter box to get easy access to the adjustment screw. But I only need to do it once and the box is easy and quick to remove.

thecastle

Reaction score
Not true, many car drivers won't flash illegally modified truck headlights that glare, because truck drivers are offended when they get flashed and road rage. I can tell instantly when a truck has illegal headlight mods. Or an "leveling" kit, as the lights will be in everyone else eyes.

kristof

Reaction score
Not true, many car drivers won't flash illegally modified truck headlights that glare, because truck drivers are offended when they get flashed and road rage. I can tell instantly when a truck has illegal headlight mods. Or an "leveling" kit, as the lights will be in everyone else eyes.
Once you place the leveling kit on you should lower the beam. And what do you mean by saying "illegal headlight mods"?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Once you place the leveling kit on you should lower the beam. And what do you mean by saying "illegal headlight mods"?
depending where you are there are laws for headlights

jsalbre

Reaction score
I understand they can't be crazy bright but just because they are not aimed correctly doesn't make them illegal.
Any non-oem headlight, including different type bulb in an OEM headlight (ie LED drop in bulbs in halogen housings) is technically illegal in the US.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand they can't be crazy bright but just because they are not aimed correctly doesn't make them illegal.

As @H3LZSN1P3R said, it depends on where you live.

Improperly aimed low beams are illegal here if they interfere with oncoming drivers that are within 500'.

kristof

Reaction score
Any non-oem headlight, including different type bulb in an OEM headlight (ie LED drop in bulbs in halogen housings) is technically illegal in the US.
Wow. Never actually look into it that deep. I always thought if the headlight won't blind others it's okay to use

Users who are viewing this thread