Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie v Limited Leather

FLARam

Reaction score
What are the differences between Laramie and Limited leather seats? Not a great description on Ram web site.

superjoe83

Reaction score
What are the differences between Laramie and Limited leather seats? Not a great description on Ram web site.
The limited/longhorn seats are real leather, the Laramie seats are mostly synthetic leather.

FLARam

Reaction score
I’m assuming the synthetic leather is easier to keep clean and more durable…..

jsalbre

Reaction score
The Laramie seats are real leather on the seating surface, and vinyl everywhere else, like most vehicles on the market. The Limited (and Longhorn) are full leather everywhere, even on the door panels and armrest.

762fmj

Reaction score
Also the Laramie has suede or alcantara inserts and the Limited/Longhorn are just leather.

They are also full grain leather whereas I assume the Laramie is either top grain or bonded.

762fmj

Reaction score
Vinyl/pleather is typically very easy to clean, but is prone to cracking and peeling.

Leather can also dry out and crack but will not peel unless it is bonded layers or it has a coating that can come off. I believe the Ram leather is coated, but peeling issues seem to be isolated.

tchur1

Reaction score
I can only speak to the leather in a limited because thats what I have but its VERY easy to clean. A damp rag has taken care of anything for me.

762fmj

Reaction score
I can only speak to the leather in a limited because thats what I have but its VERY easy to clean. A damp rag has taken care of anything for me.
For sure, leather is easy to clean and holds up well when cared for properly.

jetrinka

Reaction score
My PW has the full leather and it is very nice. Cleans easily with a damp cloth. It is sealed so no conditioners needed. Its gotten better as its aged.

123zk

Reaction score
Faux leather, or PU leather, is not going to be as durable as real leather, but it will be more durable compared to bonded leather. PU leather isn't breathable and it can easily puncture and crack over time. PU leather can be resistant to stains and is fade resistant, unlike bonded leather

Jsboening

Reaction score
Holy cow is the leather I my limited nice very soft and so far everything has just wiped off with a damp rag.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
The Laramie seats are real leather on the seating surface, and vinyl everywhere else, like most vehicles on the market. The Limited (and Longhorn) are full leather everywhere, even on the door panels and armrest.

This.

Also the Laramie has suede or alcantara inserts and the Limited/Longhorn are just leather.

And this

The Alcantara on the Laramie is nice also.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I always forget about the alcantara on the Laramie seats.

Users who are viewing this thread