Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie to Longhorn seat conversion

Cummins4ever

Reaction score
Alright guys, Before anyone jumps me on why im doing this, its because i want to make my truck fit me. I bought a like new set of longhorn cattle tan and black seats for my laramie. The seats are out of a 2021 ram 3500 and im putting them in my 2022 2500. They are NOT out of a wrecked truck but was an engineering truck ram used. Much to my surprise, the wiring pin out looks different on the 21 longhorn seats than my 22 laramie seats. The connectors are all the same but the pin outs are different. After install i am getting "service air bag system" and "SOS unavailable, see dealer". With alpha OBD it looks like its all related to the wires not matching on the passenger side plug. Occupant and seat position sensor codes. Does anyone have some schematics or tell me where i can source some schematics for the seats? I refuse to hack any wiring, just seeing if i can swap harnesses from the laramie seats to the longhorn seats and roll. It appears as though i can by looking at all of the connectors under the seat, i just want to confirm before doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread