Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Packages Level 1 and F. - my thoughts....

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Been looking through window stickers since it isn't super clear on Ram's site regarding the different between Level 1 and Level F (Other than a $2200!!)

All I can see is if you opt for level F ($6,000 option!!!) over level 1 ($3,800) you will receive:

-Painted mirrors (instead of chrome)
-2nd row seat heaters
-17 speakers (instead of which are super ugly in the headliner)

Unless I'm missing something, this has got to be the biggest waste $2200 I've seen. At least they could have left the fender flares or something else for $2200 since all 3 of those items are essentially worthless IMO.

Jeeper93436

Reaction score
The rear seat heaters were a must for us so we didn’t have another option. I’m very happy with the 17 speaker stereo system. I wasn’t a waste a money for us. It’s actually one of my favorite options.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Oh course to each their own since we all find different value in different things...... To me, a 9 speaker system in a modern vehicle doesn't perform significantly worse than a 17 speaker system. My kids definately don't deserve seat heaters in the rear and its something else to break. I grew up without them so they can deal without an extra "luxury" so they can see how most of the world lives. Regardless, they have some value but I just dont see $2200 in value alone, it almost adds 3% to the MSRP of the truck, doesn't pencil out when I look at it that way.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
When I was planning my build I looked at the two different packages. I’m sure 2 of my 3 kids would have liked the rear seat heat, but otherwise it would have been a fight.

I’ve also seen far more complaints on the 17 speaker system than the 9 speaker system. Mostly about it not being worth the added cost or that’s it’s even any better the 9 speaker system.

That made my decision easy to stick with the level A package.

Users who are viewing this thread