Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Equipment Group A & B vs C & D

Ron045

Reaction score
When I ordered my 2500 the dealer said the only available choices were Laramie Equipment Group C & D. C & D were never on a build website. As a matter of fact, since October to present day it's always been A & B. For me the main difference I was looking at was between A and C which C does not have power folding mirrors.

Have others who have been ordering Laramies between October and today been able to order equipment group A & B?

Ron

farmerkyle

Reaction score
When I ordered my 2500 the dealer said the only available choices were Laramie Equipment Group C & D. C & D were never on a build website. As a matter of fact, since October to present day it's always been A & B. For me the main difference I was looking at was between A and C which C does not have power folding mirrors.

Have others who have been ordering Laramies between October and today been able to order equipment group A & B?

Ron
I ordered my Laramie on 12/15. In the days right before I ordered, Level A / B, Night Edition, and Towing Tech group opened up for orders again on the dealer build system, so I was able to take advantage of that. Up until around 12/15 they were using Level C due to the microchip shortage for the mirrors. I wondered if they will eventually go back to Levels 1/2 like on 2020's where the blind spot monitoring was included before the chip shortage.

According to the dealer, and reinforced by many of the posts on here, the online build system has been 2-3 months outdated all year. There were options I was building online in December that hadn't been available for order since September.

Ron045

Reaction score
It might be. Bit it wasnt available when I ordered on Oct, so I'm outta luck there.

RichOutlaw

Reaction score

Ron
I thought I was ordering the B package I got the D package. Yes I didn't get the power folding mirrors. Or the power concave mirrors. No one told me that it was different. I was really ticked off.

Cseybert

Reaction score
I got everything on my Laramie order 1/24/22 Except BSM and cross path protection. Also skip the sunroof.

rb92673

Reaction score
The dealer might be able to order the C or D package and add in the power folding mirrors and/or blind spot monitoring. When I ordered mine about a year ago the A/B package just came out because of BSM chip shortage. I ordered a B with BSM added.

Users who are viewing this thread