Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kinda silly question

Savin yours

Reaction score
‘19 3500 Longhorn. When I turn my truck off, the dome lights don’t turn on till I open the door. All my other vehicles will light up the dome lights as soon as the ignition is turned off. Do I have a settling messed up? I’ve gone through all the settings and can’t find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never had a RAM or any vehicle that did that. My guess is the RAM does not. Interesting to know there are vehicles that do that though.

IronByron

Reaction score
My previous 2011 Ram did not do this, none of my other Chrysler products have done this either (Multiple Jeeps, Chrysler and Dodge). Your Ram should (if you have the option) have a button that does probably the opposite of what your looking for, where as you can keep the interior lights from coming on at all when you open the doors.

Ruffone

Reaction score
My three previous Dodge Rams would light up the interior once you entered the truck until you put the key in the ignition and then they would turn off. Once you turned off the ignition the interior lights would not come on until you opened the door to exit the truck.

Savin yours

Reaction score
Maybe I’m crazy, but for some reason I remember it coming on when I turn it off. Ok, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked my 99, 03, and 15 (all RAM 2500). None of them do. Neither does our daughters 07 Caliber.

The dome light comes on when you open the door to enter. It comes on when you open the door to exit. The 99 goes right out when you close the door on exit. The 03 and 15 have a delay on closing in exit.

None come on when you turn the ignition off.

Klinger

Reaction score
My wife’s 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited turns lights on and when get out will stay on until door closed and door locks activated then slowly dim

Users who are viewing this thread