Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Proximity Issues

Jmonty

Reaction score
I am having intermittent issues with my truck registering the key fob both when outside trying to lock/unlock the truck as well as inside when trying to start the truck (or god forbid I have the truck running and I exit so it honks at me like I can't hear the engine is still on). I have replaced the batteries and even validated with volt meter the replacement battery voltage is good. Anyone else had similar issues? I don't know how to take it in for dealer to look at as I could go multiple days with no issues then it goes off and fails to register 50% of the time for a day or so then back to working. I can already hear them say "can't reproduce". Thanks!

flan

Reaction score
Assuming it’s also doing it with your spare fob? In the past a couple members had similar issues and I believe it turned out to be a problem with the RF Hub.

Jmonty

Reaction score
I haven't tried using my spare fob, I might do that just to validate! At least having the experience with multiple keys could help service repair/replace something. Appreciate the idea @flan!

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I had similar issues with the tradesman fobs all the time. it hasn't happened one time since I got the 5 button fob for remote start and tailgate release.

Users who are viewing this thread