Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob not detected

Xyleff

Reaction score
2021 power wagon… i try to start my truck using push start button with my keys fob inside my pocket like always and it it’s telling me “key fob not detected.” Says use key fob. So I used remote start and it struggled a bit but started.. weak start so to say. Then before i could even turn to gear, it shuts off. I pushed start again and didn’t start. Used the fob, and it started up again so i quickly shifted into gear. I came home and changed battery on fob. Idk why, but that was my first thought. It hasn’t given me any issues since… yet. Then earlier wife goes to move the truck and did exact thing to her. She used fob and it started. She came in and told me and first thing i did… i changed the battery on the fob. It’s the 2nd fob btw. Idk why. Anyways, I’ve already had a battery changed under warranty in june of last year with 24k. Truck has 35k miles now. Anyone have similar issue or know what it could possibly be? Starter? Dealer is weeks out at the moment for an appointment and no other close by that’s why I’m here asking.

The1adman

Reaction score
Could be weak truck battery. When they get weak they cause issues. Maybe get it load tested to rule it out.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a weak battery.

Does the truck sit for long periods of time?

Any aftermarket electronics on it?

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
I don't have a weak start problem, but I get FOB not detected about 4 times a week. Very annoying.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Sounds like a weak battery.

Does the truck sit for long periods of time?

Any aftermarket electronics on it?
Ive been using it recently and there’s no aftermarket electronics either. Although, there’s been periods of time few months back, where it has sat like a week without use. But even then, it started right up all those times without any struggle. Could that weaken the battery?

Xyleff

Reaction score
I don't have a weak start problem, but I get FOB not detected about 4 times a week. Very annoying.
That’s gotta be annoying lol. Well, the weak start occurred once only and hasn’t happened again. It starts right up.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
One week sitting shouldn’t be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread