Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KAODtech bypass

IvanDeSlaer

Reaction score
I just connected my bypass on my 2019 2500 RAM per the destructions. I'm waiting for OBDlink but I took my scantool and I wasn't able to talk to the truck anymore. Is this normal? I did the search a few different ways but I wasn't able to find an answer.
Thanks in advance.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
are the wires still color coded to the terminal block base colors? they used to have a heat shrink wrap rotating which side each plug goes to.

IvanDeSlaer

Reaction score
This is what I have. The blocks are green/black & green/white. I installed the white connector to the G/W and the black connector to G/B. Then the male OBD to the truck. My scantool to the OBD on the harness and it won't talk to the truck. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 20240201_204440.jpg
    20240201_204440.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 19

IvanDeSlaer

Reaction score
I reversed the previous installation and now everything works. I installed the BLK connector to the G/W block and the WHT connector to G/B block.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the wire colors that matter*.

It's literally posted in a pic in the 1st post in the ALFAOBD sticky thread.

* Seems one wire color can be different on the GRN/WH (GRN/PNK), but YEL/BLU goes to the BLACK base CANBUS block nearest the headlight switch (dash).

I don't understand why TF he's building these with the black/white connectors back-assward and useless dated instructions. It causes no end of confusion here.

1706849981508.png

drpringle

Reaction score
How do you get the cables out is my question
Mine are stuck in there were do you push to release

CdnHO

Reaction score
How do you get the cables out is my question
Mine are stuck in there were do you push to release
Once you get the connectors out just remove the lock tabs to make future removal pain free. I learned that the hard way was as well. The connectors stay in just fine without the tabs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread