Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep guy buys a Ram 2500 gas

DrDanteIII

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently purchased a 2022 Ram 2500 gas to replace my 15 year old toyota tundra. The old truck ran great, and looked good, but the frame was rusting as Toyotas do. I got fed up and sold it. Went out to test drive the latest crop of 3/4 ton truck and came across this one. Ram was offering 20% off of sticker for New leftover 2022 crew cabs in my area. I couldn't pass it up. Trucks sure have changes since I was last shopping 15 years ago.

I thought long and hard about a diesel. However, its a 3rd vehicle and while I will be towing, I will very rarely be anywhere near the full capacity. Add in the initial expense and the potentially higher maintenance costs, the numbers for a Cummins just didn't work for me. I bumped up (and over) the limits on my previous 1/2 ton truck a few times, so this should be more than enough for what I do.

My family has had a lot of Mopars and have always had good luck. All Jeeps and challengers but no trucks.

Info:
2022 Bighorn
Delmonico red
6.4 / 8-speed
3.73 gears (would have liked 4.10's but oh well)
Snow chief group
Level C equipment
8.4" nav system
Night Edition
LED bed lights
wheelhouse liners
tow hooks
spray-in bed liner

1689609482803.png

Here is what will be on the trailer behind it:

1689610311886.png

Along with a lot of dirtbikes, ATvs, firewood, and building materials.

I plan to keep this at least 15 years like my old truck. I'll definitely be looking to getting it coated with FluidFilm underneath before winter comes.

Last edited:

DrDanteIII

Reaction score
Put her to work with only 650mi on the odometer. 210 round trip to take the kids dirt bike riding.

Tows my 18' trailer like a it wasn't even there. The 6.4 and 8 speed more than met my expectations. 20230722_201258.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread