Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's that time of the year to service the yard tools.

• Thread starter Deleted member 21465
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21465

You know you're getting old when you look forward to the time of the year that you get to spend your days outside with nature. It's time to charge and test those batteries, new oil, filters and blades for the mower. I put down weed and feed last weekend for an all day Monday rain and hoping for a decent spring as I had some new water lines run to the house last fall and really need to fill in some bad spots in my yard this spring.

Who else enjoys the yard?

Last edited by a moderator:

flan

Reaction score
Over the weekend I did the lawnmower oil and filter, greased the zerks for the deck and the front spindles. Checked the air filter and put on the new blades I got for it last year. It’s a bobcat 52” zero turn w/23hp Kawi. Last night and tonight is being spent getting the chain saw and chains serviced. Next up the backhoe on my L35 kubota is getting a new pin and bushing in the bucket assembly. Other than that the leaf blower is ready to go and weed wacker should be all set.

D

Deleted member 21465

My mower is the Z915 commercial grade and it's the second one I've had. The first one lasted 10 years and then I gave it to my brother who has a 1/2 acre on a lake lot to mow. I know he tore it apart and replaced a bunch of brgs and bushings but two years later it's still going strong. I looked at several different brands before I got another JD commercial but in the end parts availability was my deciding factor. Almost all the commercial mowers used either Kawasaki or Kohler and the Diesels were mostly Yanmar. I wanted to see and drive a Kubota ZD1211 with the diesel but no one had one in stock so I was afraid that would mean limited parts. I try to take good care of mine and my 10 year old still looked and ran great when I gave it to my brother.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Lmao there is still 2ft if snow on the ground here there is no getting to the lawn equipment let alone servicing it lol

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I was traveling for work back in 2012 and gone for a month at a time. So wife had me hire a gardener for about a year while I was gone.
Let's just say hes still doing the yard every other week, so I have time to work on other projects.

D

Deleted member 21465

I almost forgot to change oil in the chipper and of course I run the generator every 90 days or so to keep the fuel flushed out of the carb. I always have a helper with these projects though.

IMG_9415.jpgIMG_9423.jpgIMG_9420.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread