Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISO-trailer camera kit for 2022 Ram 3500 that has trailer technology package.

2022MegaRon

Reaction score

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Are you looking for the 360 camera or the backup camera?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean the Towing Technology Group B package?

Towing Technology Group B
-Center Stop Lamp with Cargo–View Camera -Surround–View Camera System -Trailer Reverse Guidance

Are you looking for the trailer 360° camera kit? If so, you want to find a 68527709AC.

2022MegaRon

Reaction score
My truck was built with both options, in the mirror and through Uconnent. I purchased it used and didn’t get any of the harness's or cameras.

mountainears

Reaction score
My truck was built with both options, in the mirror and through Uconnent. I purchased it used and didn’t get any of the harness's or cameras.
You didn’t answer which camera setup are you looking for. 360, rear/ backup or both.

A few of the trailer cameras (68527599aa as a search word) are on eBay now.

2022MegaRon

Reaction score
Yes, I’m not sure which system at this time. Looking at my options and pricing.
Just to confirm. The 360 system gives you two cameras for the sides of the trailer and not the rear of the trailer?
Thank you for your help.

mountainears

Reaction score
I have both on my 22 and installed on my horse trailer. I also have an additional rear view camera on my dump trailer.

360 is four cameras. Front/rear and each side. Gives you an “all around view” on the Uconnect screen. It is a bit of work to install, comes with a control module that all the cameras plug into.

The rear view camera is a single camera, no control module.

If you have both installed you will have two cameras in the back which annoys me but it is what it is.

Took me roughly 6 hours to install both camera setups on the horse trailer.

I personally use the rear view camera way more. That said, when I do use the 360 I am glad it is there.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Does your truck have the 360° camera?

Or do you have the DRVM and cargo view cameras?

Grey65

Reaction score
If you are wanting the camera (68527599AA) that works with your digital rearview mirror that you mount on the rear of your trailer I have the one that I used on my 2022 that I will sell you.
I have since upgraded to a 2023 truck and the 2022 camera only works with a 2022.

JABAR357

Reaction score
If you are wanting the camera (68527599AA) that works with your digital rearview mirror that you mount on the rear of your trailer I have the one that I used on my 2022 that I will sell you.
I have since upgraded to a 2023 truck and the 2022 camera only works with a 2022.
I'm interested.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Yes, I’m not sure which system at this time. Looking at my options and pricing.
Just to confirm. The 360 system gives you two cameras for the sides of the trailer and not the rear of the trailer?
Thank you for your help.
For me, the two trailer camera systems provide very different functionality. I use the rear view mirror camera constantly while driving down the road, and use the 360 trailer camera when backing into a spot.

For comparison, here's a photo that shows both simultaneously:
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 12.06.04 PM.png
The rear view mirror camera continuously shows an image approximately equivalent to a standard rear view mirror view. The 360 trailer camera is shown on the in dash display, and when at driving speeds only for a few seconds at a time. For the trailer 360, a top down view is shown on the left side. Then on the right side, it shows the view from any one of the four individual cameras. Which camera (front, left, right, or rear) is selectable by the buttons below that image. (My trailer didn't have a good spot to install the front camera, so I left it off. That's why the area in front of the trailer is black.)

Notice the vehicle behind the trailer in both views. The rear view mirror camera provides an accurate indication of where that vehicle is. With the 360 camera, I can just barely see a dot indicating there's a vehicle back there somewhere.

Now look at the area immediately surrounding the camper in both views. You can see where the 360 trailer camera system does a great job of showing the trailer location relative to its surrounding. The rear view mirror camera, however, only shows a very limited view of what's behind you.

Ram doesn't do the best job of describing these two camera options. So, hopefully the above description will help you in deciding which one (or both) is a good fit for your needs. -For me, the rear view mirror trailer camera system will be a requirement for any future tow vehicles. While the 360 trailer camera is nice to have, but not a deal breaker.

Grey65

Reaction score
For me, the two trailer camera systems provide very different functionality. I use the rear view mirror camera constantly while driving down the road, and use the 360 trailer camera when backing into a spot.

View attachment 70673
The rear view mirror camera continuously shows an image approximately equivalent to a standard rear view mirror view. The 360 trailer camera is shown on the in dash display, and when at driving speeds only for a few seconds at a time. For the trailer 360, a top down view is shown on the left side. Then on the right side, it shows the view from any one of the four individual cameras. Which camera (front, left, right, or rear) is selectable by the buttons below that image. (My trailer didn't have a good spot to install the front camera, so I left it off. That's why the area in front of the trailer is black.)

Notice the vehicle behind the trailer in both views. The rear view mirror camera provides an accurate indication of where that vehicle is. With the 360 camera, I can just barely see a dot indicating there's a vehicle back there somewhere.

Now look at the area immediately surrounding the camper in both views. You can see where the 360 trailer camera system does a great job of showing the trailer location relative to its surrounding. The rear view mirror camera, however, only shows a very limited view of what's behind you.

Ram doesn't do the best job of describing these two camera options. So, hopefully the above description will help you in deciding which one (or both) is a good fit for your needs. -For me, the rear view mirror trailer camera system will be a requirement for any future tow vehicles. While the 360 trailer camera is nice to have, but not a deal breaker.

Extremely well written....

2022MegaRon

Reaction score

View attachment 70673

Thank you for the explanation and comparison of both camera systems.
Do you have the part number for the rear view trailer kit?

Users who are viewing this thread