Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this gap normal?

BenHur

Reaction score
2016 ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Recently front end has been making weird fluttering grinding almost like worn out brakes eating rotors when you stop but not as harsh like a gentle grind in drive and neutral when rolling.
I’m trying to figure out where it’s coming from but it’s tuff when you have to be rolling to hear it. but I noticed this gap in axle on one side, other side is tight. I wasn’t sure if this is normal or not.
Thanks.

Attachments

• AFC2580F-A3E3-408A-AF3E-2EB763245567.jpeg
    AFC2580F-A3E3-408A-AF3E-2EB763245567.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 0F4257E7-EC1B-47A3-9E86-A5ED25B2BDF1.jpeg
    0F4257E7-EC1B-47A3-9E86-A5ED25B2BDF1.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 109

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
2016 ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Recently front end has been making weird fluttering grinding almost like worn out brakes eating rotors when you stop but not as harsh like a gentle grind in drive and neutral when rolling.
I’m trying to figure out where it’s coming from but it’s tuff when you have to be rolling to hear it. but I noticed this gap in axle on one side, other side is tight. I wasn’t sure if this is normal or not.
Thanks.
Does not matter its how it should be

jadmt

Reaction score
jack your front end up and and spin your wheels and see if that helps pin point it.

Test_Eng

Reaction score
Sound go away in 4WD get worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razzman

Reaction score
Can't speak for that but it looks like your shocks are gone, OE on a 2016?

BenHur

Reaction score
Sound go away in 4WD get worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stays same, sound almost like water pump bearing going out but I checked it’s okay.
Only does it when rolling.

I replaced both Wheel hubs.

BenHur

Reaction score
Can't speak for that but it looks like your shocks are gone, OE on a 2016?
How can you tell? I do a lot of heavy trailer pulling. Masonry contractor I pull all the scaffold to the jobs around 5 tons average two times a week.

BenHur

Reaction score
How can you tell? I do a lot of heavy trailer pulling. Masonry contractor I pull all the scaffold to the jobs around 5 tons average two times a week.
I think your right cause Atlanta roads are horrible, huge holes on the freeway! Not just small back roads. It feels like **** if you hit one pulling a trailer, like something had to break.

CDNgoat

Reaction score
I think your right cause Atlanta roads are horrible, huge holes on the freeway! Not just small back roads. It feels like **** if you hit one pulling a trailer, like something had to break.
Because it looks like oil leaking from them, as far as searching for squeeks while your moving, just get someone to run along side while your moving, LOL . No really put it on a lift and in gear and go hunting, there,s not enough room on here to figure out a noise that so many parts could cause, I had a squeek on my 5.9 dually, put it on a hoist, couldn,t find a jogger but it cost me $1000 for new rotors pads calipers, one squeek down, next

jetrinka

Reaction score
There is normally supposed to be a slight gap there. Is the noise coming from the side with no gap? And if so did the noise start since doing the hub units? If so I’d be looking into the install job on that side. Ensure the axle nut torque is correct

Users who are viewing this thread