Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is My Cummins Lugging?

Markposen304

Reaction score
‘22 Diesel 2500 CC SB (68rfe)…

I noticed a significant worsening of the ride after changing to aftermarket wheels and tires. I know this has been well documented as a suspension issue. But thing is, it was still there before, just not as bad.

Now after 2000 miles with the new setup, I have noticed that the rough ride is worst at 1000-1200 rpm and particularly in the OD gears. Still does it in 4th, but not as bad and not all in the lower gears. It also smooths out significantly when you take your foot off the accelerator.

Is it possible that the truck is lugging? Is it even possible that a truck that tows 18k# could struggle with the increased unsprung weight (295/70/r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, not running 40’s or any such nonsense)? Is it a break in issue?

LMK if anyone has some insight. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sounds like a warrenty issue i can run my 19 at 1000 rpm and it still does not have an issue power wise no lugging…

Firebird

Reaction score
Yeah, I would get that checked. Mine can lug up a hill in 5th at 950 rpm's without the symptoms you describe

Users who are viewing this thread