Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone here selling carfax reports?

60_Driver

Reaction score
I thought I recalled seeing that post before, but couldn’t find it as I searched just now. If anyone is able to run them please let me know. Happy to Venmo/Apple Cash the $. Those subscriptions seem unnecessarily expensive.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I thought I recalled seeing that post before, but couldn’t find it as I searched just now. If anyone is able to run them please let me know. Happy to Venmo/Apple Cash the $. Those subscriptions seem unnecessarily expensive.
Car fax is useless

60_Driver

Reaction score
I realize it’s not perfect but I figure it may provide some good info on a 5 year old car I’m about to spend too much money on.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I realize it’s not perfect but I figure it may provide some good info on a 5 year old car I’m about to spend too much money on.
Its 5 years old what do you expect to find lol my truck was hit and repaired its not even in the carfax info

60_Driver

Reaction score
probably worth throwing out any possible info that might help bc it didn’t work in a few cases....

60_Driver

Reaction score
Surprising lack of helpful response here and on two other forums. I’m all set now, a friend ran it for me.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Surprising lack of helpful response here and on two other forums. I’m all set now, a friend ran it for me.
Why is it surprising most people are smart enough to know carfax is a scam lol

boatdude1

Reaction score
I know that vehicles I have damaged I took to shops that specifically do not report to Carfax so it does not de value the vehicle.

60_Driver

Reaction score
What are yah buying ? Details?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Irresponsible convertible, stick shift toy car for my wife’s b-day. I’ll be less vague when she’s home in my garage. I have a deposit holding it now & will make the final decision after I have it inspected on Monday.

60_Driver

Reaction score
What are yah buying ? Details?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

64281AF9-ED16-4F78-8A1C-1CC4DA06F598.jpeg
Bought it awhile back. I flew to Ohio & drove her home on the wife’s B-day. She’s a 2016 BMW M235i with a 6 speed manual and 27.5k miles. They’re hard to find in that configuration up here because you can’t have the stick shift and the BMW awd so everyone gets the 8 speed ZF auto. I wasn’t looking for practical.

She seems to have been cared for well. It was still under the CPO warranty when the prior owner sold it. Some curb rashed wheels, a little leather wear on the steering wheel/shifter and a slight door ding to have pulled but very clean otherwise. We’re really happy with it.

Last edited:

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
When we sold my wife's Range Rover CarFax showed it was in an accident. It never was. Coming home from Vegas we hit something in the road, It popped both driver's side tires and cracked a wheel. We had two tires and two wheels replaced. It was still listed as an accident. @#$% CarFax!

60_Driver

Reaction score
I gather it’s not a perfect science. I’ve heard the stories from friends who backed their trucks into their wife’s suv that had them both repaired without any reporting.

Last edited:

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
I like how the carfax shows the service history if it was dealer serviced. When i started looking at HD trucks it was nice to find one that had seemingly been looked after. dealer serviced on a regular basis..

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I like how the carfax shows the service history if it was dealer serviced. When i started looking at HD trucks it was nice to find one that had seemingly been looked after. dealer serviced on a regular basis..
Sometimes. I ran one it only showed a few of the services. I guess things slip through the cracks.

Users who are viewing this thread