Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting heat up

jbncccb

Reaction score
So I noticed with my truck parked in my garage and not starting for a day or more it goes through the 20 second or so, heat up mode with 40°F outside.

Went to West TX for a short trip, and installed the heater cord for the block. 20°F this night. Heater kept tripping the camp house breaker, so no block heater.

Start the truck up several mornings this week at 23°F and there is zero heat up mode. It just cranks right up. I would have thought the 45 second heat mode from the battery would have kicked in.

Maybe the computer is confused.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Im assuming you mean the grid heater is not cycling? It wont do 45seconds until its really cold but it is hit and miss depending weather it needs to cycle the grid heater usually in damp weather it will cycle... it still will cycle after the truck starts

jbncccb

Reaction score
Well that's likely why, it is very humid where I live vs low humidity here. I thought it was just based on ambient temperature. And yes Grid heater is what I was referring too. Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread