Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing tpms sensors in 2021 RAM 3500

THook

Reaction score
I got the trailer tire pressure monitor system on my 2021 3500 which included 4 pressure sensors. I want them installed on my Grand Design Solitude 5th wheel, but I’ve had it at two different tire shops and both have told me the sensor stems were too short to provide enough thread to install them. Okay be looked for compatible sensors with a longer stem but no luck. Any ideas??

GBB

Reaction score
Have you talked to your dealer about them. I ordered them with my 2021 3500 also but haven’t gotten the truck yet.

THook

Reaction score
Have you talked to your dealer about them. I ordered them with my 2021 3500 also but haven’t gotten the truck yet.
I have talked to the dealer and also another local dealer. Neither have heard of any problem installing these sensors.

steve49

Reaction score
Did the tire shop actually take a wheel off and break down the tire to verify they won't work? I'm guessing your trailer wheels are aluminum, which I suppose there could maybe be a machining issues because of the wheels being thicker than a steel wheel? Then again the TTPMS kit comes with different thickness rubber seals, which I would assume would account for various wheel material thicknesses.

THook

Reaction score
Yes the tire was broken down. The hole in the wheel was 5/8 and there were the required seals and washers. I didn’t get to see the actual installation, just took their word for it. I’m going to break it down tomorrow and see if in fact there is an issue. Will report my findings.

GBB

Reaction score
Yes the tire was broken down. The hole in the wheel was 5/8 and there were the required seals and washers. I didn’t get to see the actual installation, just took their word for it. I’m going to break it down tomorrow and see if in fact there is an issue. Will report my findings.
What were your findings..

Bullpin22

Reaction score
So I ordered the same and didn’t receive any with the truck. Dealer says still on back order.
I asked around here on another TTPMS thread and these were recommended.
I can say for certain they paired with my truck on the first try and fit in my TT tires fine. It’s a GD 2250.
The stems are longer than factory rubber for sure.
No pics at this time but I’ll get some and measure tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread