Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing PopupMesseges_es_MX161400.jar

highpocketse5

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this pop up on their screen? If so how did you get rid of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highpocketse5

Reaction score
Here is the message shown on the display. Sometimes it’s there and sometimes it isn’t. I showed the dealership and they said they’ve never seen it? Hard to believe IMO. It shows on all screens. Nav, media, apps ….
image.jpg

Darkside

Reaction score
It has come up on mine a few times, I have the 8.4 with nav. I just ignore it and it usually goes away after a little while, or the next time I start the truck… Although sometimes it is there for a couple start/stop cycles.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Here is the message shown on the display. Sometimes it’s there and sometimes it isn’t. I showed the dealership and they said they’ve never seen it? Hard to believe IMO. It shows on all screens. Nav, media, apps ….
View attachment 49046
Well, you're not going to like this answer...
That's an update package (Java) trying to run.. It is failing. It is normal to see messages like this but they should be quickly changing as the update unpacks and installs. Maybe 5-15 seconds of total process.
Your dealer is either:
1- full of sh**.
2- uninformed / unwilling to do simple research.

You/they have basically 1 course of action...
They have to attempt to push the update manually with their module.. And when it doesn't take (it will likely fail) then they need to order you a new radio, just the "brain" of the unit not the screen assembly. This will require a star case to be opened to fulfill the order because (as I understand it) the manufacturer of the radios is tracking the deficient units at a higher level.

Ancillary note.... Once they actually change the radio... You'll need to call sirius and have them update the radio ID for the sat radio and travel link functions. It's not bad and they can walk you through the process over the call.

Ostracize

Reaction score
It has come up on mine a few times, I have the 8.4 with nav. I just ignore it and it usually goes away after a little while, or the next time I start the truck… Although sometimes it is there for a couple start/stop cycles.
The above obviously applies to you too sir.

highpocketse5

Reaction score
Well, you're not going to like this answer...
That's an update package (Java) trying to run.. It is failing. It is normal to see messages like this but they should be quickly changing as the update unpacks and installs. Maybe 5-15 seconds of total process.
Your dealer is either:
1- full of sh**.
2- uninformed / unwilling to do simple research.

You/they have basically 1 course of action...
They have to attempt to push the update manually with their module.. And when it doesn't take (it will likely fail) then they need to order you a new radio, just the "brain" of the unit not the screen assembly. This will require a star case to be opened to fulfill the order because (as I understand it) the manufacturer of the radios is tracking the deficient units at a higher level.

Ancillary note.... Once they actually change the radio... You'll need to call sirius and have them update the radio ID for the sat radio and travel link functions. It's not bad and they can walk you through the process over the call.

Thank you for your knowledge. I’ll be taking my truck in at some point. Currently waiting on Rambox doors mine are warped. I’ll update this post on what they end up doing.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Mine's doing the same thing, but not every time I start the truck.
I honestly don't know what defines the interval of when the system attempts to apply an update (one that is stored in its update partition) but I can say with fair certainty that if it's the same file extension shown... Then it's glitched.
My '21 from day 1 only ever showed the "161400.jar"... For about a year occasionally. Then I had it addressed by my dealer.. My previous post outlines my experience which ultimately fixed the issue.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Thank you for your knowledge. I’ll be taking my truck in at some point. Currently waiting on Rambox doors mine are warped. I’ll update this post on what they end up doing.

I'd have the dealer attempt to push the update... When it fails.. Then they can order your new unit, it will take awhile to come in... Weeks to months cause of the star case bureaucracy. Might aswell kill 2 birds... IMHO

Ostracize

Reaction score
..ignoring it sounds easier IMO
Haha fair enough... And maybe true... But the updates pushed are ostensibly doing something, that "something" could potentially be further compatibility with Android and iOS which I'd rather not sleep on. Just my humble opinion

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Mine's doing the same thing, but not every time I start the truck.

I took my truck in today for the tailgate latch recall. While I was there I had them address this. Mine updated fine, no need for new hardware, and the message is gone. Took a bit over an hour to do both.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
I took my truck in today for the tailgate latch recall. While I was there I had them address this. Mine updated fine, no need for new hardware, and the message is gone. Took a bit over an hour to do both.

... and it's back. Probably 4th or 5th time I've driven the truck since the dealership "fixed" it.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Try shutting your bluetooth off on your phone so it doesn't connect and see if it doesn't do it , I found out a year ago on mine when it did it the sms messages from my phone were being saved to the truck. I can't remember the settings i changed in my phone but i think it was under the blutooth setting and messages. Might not work but after changing that i turned my bluetooth back on and no more messages like that came up on the screen since . Hope it works for you because my dealer told me it wasn't updates being downloaded .

Ostracize

Reaction score
... and it's back. Probably 4th or 5th time I've driven the truck since the dealership "fixed" it.
Hate to say it... But I'd call BS on the dealer saying that it updated fine. I'd bet it didn't. These update file extensions are progressive, meaning that once your past the 161400 you shouldn't really see that one again with future OTA update packages.
I'd tell the dealer to order a new one... There are established star cases that address this issue specifically, they know there was an issue and now a fix so there shouldn't be any warranty push-back.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Hate to say it... But I'd call BS on the dealer saying that it updated fine. I'd bet it didn't. These update file extensions are progressive, meaning that once your past the 161400 you shouldn't really see that one again with future OTA update packages.
I'd tell the dealer to order a new one... There are established star cases that address this issue specifically, they know there was an issue and now a fix so there shouldn't be any warranty push-back.

We are trying again Friday...

Try shutting your bluetooth off on your phone so it doesn't connect and see if it doesn't do it , I found out a year ago on mine when it did it the sms messages from my phone were being saved to the truck. I can't remember the settings i changed in my phone but i think it was under the blutooth setting and messages. Might not work but after changing that i turned my bluetooth back on and no more messages like that came up on the screen since . Hope it works for you because my dealer told me it wasn't updates being downloaded .

Thanks, but no. They need to fix it so it works correctly. I use my bluetooth for my smart watch, my Camaro, and for my work vehicle, I'm not messing with my phone every time I want to drive my truck.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
We are trying again Friday...

Thanks, but no. They need to fix it so it works correctly. I use my bluetooth for my smart watch, my Camaro, and for my work vehicle, I'm not messing with my phone every time I want to drive my truck.
No I didn't mean mess with it every time , I changed a setting once on allowing messages to go to the radio and I never got the pop up like what your seeing again. My Bluetooth still connected fine for calls. Anyway hope your dealer can figure out your problem and make it go away.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
No I didn't mean mess with it every time , I changed a setting once on allowing messages to go to the radio and I never got the pop up like what your seeing again. My Bluetooth still connected fine for calls. Anyway hope your dealer can figure out your problem and make it go away.

So you were on the right track. The radio is completed updated and my Android is completely updated, but I have a somewhat older phone (S10+) and apparently it's glitchy if you connect via both Android Auto and Bluetooth at the same time. When I would unplug my phone to get out of the truck with it still on, or turn it on before plugging in the phone for the AA, it would start connecting via BT and ask about permission, etc. Unpairing it via bluetooth and just using AA, or using the tech's Apple phone, both worked fine without the popup reoccurring. Supposedly just using the BT without using the AA would also work, but we didn't test it since I use AA primarily.

So, nothing wrong with the radio, just a software glitch with Android. They got my version and build number for my phone (I sent a screen shot to the tech) and they are reporting the error up the chain in case an update later can remedy it, but for now I'm fine with just leaving it unpaired and using AA only.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
So you were on the right track. The radio is completed updated and my Android is completely updated, but I have a somewhat older phone (S10+) and apparently it's glitchy if you connect via both Android Auto and Bluetooth at the same time. When I would unplug my phone to get out of the truck with it still on, or turn it on before plugging in the phone for the AA, it would start connecting via BT and ask about permission, etc. Unpairing it via bluetooth and just using AA, or using the tech's Apple phone, both worked fine without the popup reoccurring. Supposedly just using the BT without using the AA would also work, but we didn't test it since I use AA primarily.

So, nothing wrong with the radio, just a software glitch with Android. They got my version and build number for my phone (I sent a screen shot to the tech) and they are reporting the error up the chain in case an update later can remedy it, but for now I'm fine with just leaving it unpaired and using AA only.
Well I'm glad I wasn't crazy at least with my experience. I think all I did was stop the messaging permission through Bluetooth because I use both AA and Bluetooth also . Since it's been a year or .more ago I would have to go look at my phone settings again to know for sure. I have a older phone to kinda , it's a OnePlus 9 and maybe it's just a android issue I'm not sure because I have never tried with a apple. Anyways glad you were able to pretty much figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread