Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing parts

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So, I have following component I've bought for the truck and plan on installing them myself.

Pretty sure I have all the tools I need (I think I need a crow's foot) and I have the time (all hand tools) to get this all installed.
I don't have a lift, but I do have stands to get it off the ground if needed to make it easier.

My only question is, is there a preferred/easier disassembly/assembly order for all these parts?
I don't want to remove something that could have stayed in place to make the other part easier to install...
And yes, overthinking thinking *everything* is a constant activity...

Thuren Front/Rear Track bar
Thuren Sway Bar
Synergy HD Steering Kit
Shocks

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Pickle forks are brutal imo. I've always had better luck with hitting the the side of whatever(ball joint, tie rod, pitman, etc) with a small 4# sledge. Specifically on the side edge of the drag link or spindle/knuckle next to where the cone goes thru.. They always just pop right out, but be sure to leave the castle nut on a few threads so it doesn't drop.
Can't comment on the overall installation since I'm waiting on lift till after CP4 is gone. But I've lifted many others. It's a pretty straight forward task on a solid front axle vehicle. Take your time, do your research, phone a friend & be safe!

areuriding

Reaction score
Yep, straight forward. You won't be taking anything off that could've stayed.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
You can borrow tools from several auto parts stores. They have programs to borrow them for free. You just give them a deposit basically, and they refund it when you return them.
Orielleys and autozone are two I know have them. Others may as well.
I use them al the time. Pickleforks. bearing race install/removers. bearing pullers. etc.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
You can borrow tools from several auto parts stores. They have programs to borrow them for free. You just give them a deposit basically, and they refund it when you return them.
Orielleys and autozone are two I know have them. Others may as well.
I use them al the time. Pickleforks. bearing race install/removers. bearing pullers. etc.

Yeah, borrowed many of their tools over the years for different projects.

Users who are viewing this thread