Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Titan 55 gallon replacement tank in '20 CC Longbed DRW...

20Limited3500

Reaction score
I bought the tank back in Sept. Hadn't gotten around to getting it in until today. I'll just say this now, I should have just paid to have it done. I am getting to old for this stuff. lol
Having a lift would have made the task much easier. Doing it on the ground kind of sucked. Anyways, took me about 4 hrs total I think. Still want to update the tank size with AlfaOBD so I get correct DTE.
I took a little less than 3 gallons from the stock tank to put into the new one. First fill up took 51.092 gallons. I didn't play the wait for it to vent game I usually do when filling up to get it all the way topped off.
As you can see, the stock 32 gallon tank is quite a bit smaller than the 55 gallon.

20201228_133448.jpg20201228_133542.jpg20201228_133604.jpg

20Limited3500

Reaction score
Well, went to update the tank size with AlfaOBD and when I connect to what should be 2020 computer, it shows 16-17 year instead and I don't see what I need to for changing the tank size. I have the latest version on Android for my tablet. So I have emailed AlfaOBD if I can get the Windows version for my laptop. Hopefully they reply sooner than later.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
Update: I guess I wasn't looking in the right spot on the app. Was able to successfully change tank size. Now my DTE is reading closer to what it should be.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, went to update the tank size with AlfaOBD and when I connect to what should be 2020 computer, it shows 16-17 year instead and I don't see what I need to for changing the tank size. I have the latest version on Android for my tablet. So I have emailed AlfaOBD if I can get the Windows version for my laptop. Hopefully they reply sooner than later.

Is your AlfaOBD up to date?

That issue has popped up in the past. I suppose it's possible it found its way into a recent update.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
Is your AlfaOBD up to date?

That issue has popped up in the past. I suppose it's possible it found its way into a recent update.
I had just updated it that day before I tried. But I found out I was not looking in the right location once I was connected. It's strange that it does not show the current year once connected. I would think it should be showing at least 2019 instead of 2016-17.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I had just updated it that day before I tried. But I found out I was not looking in the right location once I was connected. It's strange that it does not show the current year once connected. I would think it should be showing at least 2019 instead of 2016-17.
I think if it incorrectly detects the BCM, it may show other years.

It shouldn't be doing that. I would get the BCM PN and send to Alex.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
Faults and Status Log in android - body_chrysler_info

or in the same file on a Windows PC

also in your google drive upload (you did save to google drive before making changes right?)
Yes, I did save it first. I will check to make sure it is there. I have only changed 2 things so far. Fuel tank size and fogs on with hi beams. Haven't gotten back into it yet for the gear indicator. Been raining quite a bit here and truck sit outside. Doesn't fit in garage.

22 Vader

Reaction score
Update: I guess I wasn't looking in the right spot on the app. Was able to successfully change tank size. Now my DTE is reading closer to what it should be.
I installed the Titan tank a while ago and this week I'll finally be using Alpha OBD to change the tank size. What did you set yours to? I saw somewhere that 194 liters was the closest setting?

Thanks

Phil T

Reaction score
I installed the Titan tank a while ago and this week I'll finally be using Alpha OBD to change the tank size. What did you set yours to? I saw somewhere that 194 liters was the closest setting?

Thanks
194.000 liters is the max number you can change it to. If you go above that, the fuel gauge goes to empty. My first fill of the new tank was around 61 gallons.

22 Vader

Reaction score
194.000 liters is the max number you can change it to. If you go above that, the fuel gauge goes to empty. My first fill of the new tank was around 61 gallons.
I've got AlfaOBD running and found the options for ECUCONFIG 4, but no option for changing tank size - only close options are gallon type (US/UK,) and secondary fuel tank - any ideas?

Thanks,
Curtis

Phil T

Reaction score
It's there called fuel capacity.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread