Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incentives

b307a1

Reaction score
Well it looks like Chrysler out did themselves! They took away all incentives other than the financing. Now it makes absolutely no sense to buy a '19 leftover.

b307a1

Reaction score
Chrysler (FCA) and the others, are bleeding money...
Yeah, I bet. I was going to drop the hammer on a '19 2500 yesterday but decided to wait to see if the incentives got better today. That takes me out of the market....at least for two more weeks.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Wait it out. And I suspect you'll need to think in terms of months as opposed to weeks. This Coronacrap is gonna linger for far longer than the optimists would like.

MikeXM

Reaction score
They are probably returning to retail price while they have no sales. As soon as the economy picks up, they will announce big rebates or something like that.
There must be some underlining reasons to do so. Only them know.

MikeXM

Reaction score
They are all waiting to see what they can milk out of Uncle Sam/taxpayers...
They are in business to make money after all. There aren't there as a community service.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I am officially not looking to buy now. Will keep my “old” 17 2500 and enjoy it. 2021, maybe 2022 now. By then, maybe we’ll have a new transmission. We are close to total lockdown here now, only 1 more increase in their metrics, and we go into full hibernation mode. Can’t even go camping, I am even rethinking my rv purchase. Leaning back to class a and a toad for the travels and a home in the sunshine state for base of operations. I have so many pro/con sheets worked up it ain’t fun no more.:(

MikeXM

Reaction score
I am officially not looking to buy now. Will keep my “old” 17 2500 and enjoy it. 2021, maybe 2022 now. By then, maybe we’ll have a new transmission. We are close to total lockdown here now, only 1 more increase in their metrics, and we go into full hibernation mode. Can’t even go camping, I am even rethinking my rv purchase. Leaning back to class a and a toad for the travels and a home in the sunshine state for base of operations. I have so many pro/con sheets worked up it ain’t fun no more.:(
Hang in there. Here in Canada we had about a 2 weeks lead on the US. They are talking now about slowly lifting the measures soon. Some were actually lifted this week. So, you guys will get there soon too.

We'll be in this new world for at least a year, maybe two. But we'll get some of our previous life back soon. I'm looking forward to camping.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
The camping lockdown has me most peeved. Talked to my buddy in AZ, they have the Colorado river locked down too, nobody allowed on, why?

Omar RVA

Reaction score
The camping lockdown has me most peeved. Talked to my buddy in AZ, they have the Colorado river locked down too, nobody allowed on, why?

Because ass clowns cant follow rules and keep distance. They tried to have folks use common sense at the gorge here in Oregon and that place was more packed than the mall at Black Friday. They added barricades and park ranger and police presence and people were still showing up to get turned away.

I’m not totally familiar with the Colorado in AZ but if it’s got remote and or dangerous sections consider the tax that places on first responders and medical staff that are already up to their eyeballs in current patients. Takes one idiot to flip a kayak or get wedged somewhere remote and now 10-15 people have to be put in danger to bail them out.

OA

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I see your point, but that is what’s wrong with the nanny state we have today. Gov. tries to be the nanny telling us what’s best for us. Personal responsibility/risk/safety is each person’s responsibility. I don’t expect someone to save me when I take the risk of skydiving and the chute doesn’t open. I had someone yell at me while walking with the wife, “6 ft separation”, Really? I sleep with her.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
I see your point, but that is what’s wrong with the nanny state we have today. Gov. tries to be the nanny telling us what’s best for us. Personal responsibility/risk/safety is each person’s responsibility. I don’t expect someone to save me when I take the risk of skydiving and the chute doesn’t open. I had someone yell at me while walking with the wife, “6 ft separation”, Really? I sleep with her.

Agree. Unfortunately most dont have your mindset or sense of responsibility.

OA

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I had someone yell at me while walking with the wife, “6 ft separation”, Really? I sleep with her.
Between overzealous medical/political leaders and fake news, this whole thing has been nothing short of a demonstration of modern-day fascism. I digress.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Did you call them a nazi? I sure would have.

Lary0071

Reaction score
LOL, My wife and I were at Wallmart a couple days ago, grabbed a bunch of fruit and veggies. We go to the self check out area, they told me that me or my wife could walk over to scan/pay... but one had to go stand by the exit. I asked why, and was told "social distance".... I told the guy that 2 hours ago I banged her like a screen door in a hurricane.... and now you want me to be 6 feet away? More than one other person in line and checking out laughed out loud.

Last edited:

@JC

Reaction score
Well Ford has 3 month paid by Ford and 3 months deferred payments right now. Like I've said, it's going to be worse than after 9/11 pretty soon if we don't end these asinine quarantine orders and start getting people back to work.

Users who are viewing this thread