Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-cab pass-through at fire wall.

Xflight29

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions, I would like to hook-up a FM two way radio for work and would like to control power to it from one of my AUX switches . looking for a convenient [ if there is such a thing ] way to go through the fire panel to my AUX connections with in the engine compartment . 2020 / 3500 Longhorn with AUX switches.
Thanks.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
if you have the aux switches then you should have the pdc under the hood for just what your describing. someone smarter than me will come along and confirm or rebuke.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
ah okay. there is a rubber gromet by the brake arm that can be used for pass through

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a pass thru circuit along with IGN and BAT when you plug in the grey jumper that came in the aux wiring bag.

I have posted about this before including diagrams but am on my mobile right now.

Sent from my work avoidance device

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
More Pics and diagram starting in this post:

I looped Aux 6 to the pass thru circuit to power my 2wd Low Loc kit. Used the IGN and BAT for my dash cam.

1602569496031.png

buzzuti

Reaction score
More Pics and diagram starting in this post:

I looped Aux 6 to the pass thru circuit to power my 2wd Low Loc kit. Used the IGN and BAT for my dash cam.

View attachment 8042
Hey @Brutal_HO ...

I know this is way old.
And let it be known that I did read this and the other long threads, (ya'll are smart)
I am and electrical genius... In training...

If I follow you, and I want constant power to my dash cam,
I splice the looped wire that connects 4 & 3 on the gray connector from the aux upfitter switch package (plugging in within the cab under the driver side),
and wire in my dash cam's "hardwire kit" to those 2 wires.

Am I right there?

Many thanks in advanced.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd take a look at this sticky before deciding. You can probably pick power off without using any of the AUX or Pass thru if you just want constant or ignition power.

buzzuti

Reaction score
I'd take a look at this sticky before deciding. You can probably pick power off without using any of the AUX or Pass thru if you just want constant or ignition power.

Holy $h1t I missed this one.
Seems like I went through 10 other posts!

You’re the Man. TY Sir!

buzzuti

Reaction score

Current Status: Analysis Paralysis. :(

Jmonty

Reaction score
Current Status: Analysis Paralysis. :(
If you are looking to control the device using AUX switches then really no decision but which button you want to use then follow all the links above to wire it up. If your stuck deciding BAT/IGN vs AUX then just think about your use case with the device. Good luck :)

buzzuti

Reaction score
If you are looking to control the device using AUX switches then really no decision but which button you want to use then follow all the links above to wire it up. If your stuck deciding BAT/IGN vs AUX then just think about your use case with the device. Good luck :)
1’s and 0’s, breaking it down to the basics.
I guess it really isn’t that complicated, huh?

Many thanks to ya’ll!

Users who are viewing this thread