Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idle problems

DRDOZER

Reaction score
Hello
I have a 2022 Dodge ram 2500 with 6500 miles.
This thing is a pain to drive thru a parking lot, it surges the engine flares there is no smooth transition from idle to off idle, it's impossible to hold it steady then sometimes the engine just picks up a couple hundred rpms.
Anybody else heard of this issue?
Is there an adjustment to fix this problem? This is a 6.7 cummings

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
Hmmmm I do not know where you got your truck but a 2022 Dodge with a Cummings? Maybe try typing .eu instead of .com?

jk, take it to the dealer. Sounds like a fuel pump/intake regulator going sour.

DRDOZER

Reaction score
Thank you for the response I have an appointment next week I will let you guys know

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Drive by Wire (DBW) can be slow to the input from your right foot. Are you perhaps getting into it more because it's not immediately responding?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Its CUMMINS not CUMMINGS! Lol

It does not sound like a normal thing. While there is no “adjustment” so to speak it is very possible it could be a faulty Throttle position sensor or the computer needs an update at the dealer either way with a 2022 i would bring it in to a dealer.

DRDOZER

Reaction score

It does not sound like a normal thing. While there is no “adjustment” so to speak it is very possible it could be a faulty Throttle position sensor or the computer needs an update at the dealer either way with a 2022 i would bring it in to a dealer.
Thank you I took it to the dealer and 2 techs drove it and drove 2 other trucks like it , they said they agreed there was a problem, however there is no fix at this time! Maybe I need to take it to a different dealer!

DRDOZER

Reaction score
I think it's time to get the factory involved because the dealer said there was nothing in the star program from Dodge about this problem, I'm not sure I believe this

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thank you I took it to the dealer and 2 techs drove it and drove 2 other trucks like it , they said they agreed there was a problem, however there is no fix at this time! Maybe I need to take it to a different dealer!
Yep different dealer and if no progess contact ram cares and try and get a STAR case get a fix started!

DRDOZER

Reaction score

I probably am doing it wrong ,I can't spell Cummins so no surprise, my dad was a Cummins certified warranty shop. Thanks to everybody for the help, we will get er figured out or somebody will or they can have her back the truck I mean ha not my wife, well!
Thanks

DRDOZER

Reaction score
Hello
I have a 2022 Dodge ram 2500 with 6500 miles.
This thing is a pain to drive thru a parking lot, it surges the engine flares there is no smooth transition from idle to off idle, it's impossible to hold it steady then sometimes the engine just picks up a couple hundred rpms.
Anybody else heard of this issue?
Is there an adjustment to fix this problem? This is a 6.7 cummings
So I'm back! With the same old problem on my 22 2500 diesel dealer did an ecu flash and a trans relearn, that worked for awhile,kind of, that was at about 13k ,now its back surging at just above idle but now if I go wot and let off it stays at wot for about 5 sec then comes back down to idle then has about a 400 rpm surge up and down for about 6 times then finally settles down. On top of that I have had the front end aligned 4 times, I know what you guys are thinking, miss the potholes! Kinda hard to do in Colorado lol! But I do try haha AAAAAND The rear dif seem to have a he'll of a lot of lash clunk clunk clunk. So the idle problem was looked at 950 miles they said there was no fix 6500k still no fix 13000k flash and Trans relearn ,helped but not totally fixed, I think it's lemon law time, this thing is a pos.

Users who are viewing this thread