Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wish my truck...

leeroy300

Reaction score
and #7- would be a high beam lead so l can trigger a relay for a lightbar

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
2-a way to add auxilery switches

Farmtruck

Reaction score
I wish mine was a 21 or came with a CP3, but I’ll take care of that. It’s just slowed me down taking the truck to Mexico. Lol

Only thing I really do not like is the 31 gallon short bed tank.

Pronto

Reaction score
Fuel tank was the first thing that popped into my head when I made my list on this thread before I had the truck. Now after having the truck for a half a week, it's even worse than I thought on the Hemi. I've been driving it around following the break-in guidelines in the manual. I drove it down until the range indicator showed LOW which happened around 10 miles of range left. The fuel gauge was square on empty. I filled it up until it clicked off and then waited a bit and filled it again until it clicked off a second time. It took 27.75 gallons. It's bad enough that this truck has a such a paltry fuel capacity, but then they take a further 1/8th of a tank off that in practical usage. Definitely the single biggest thing that I wish was different. I'm not looking forward to watching my fuel needle visibly move while towing.

diode_ee

Reaction score
Fuel tank was the first thing that popped into my head when I made my list on this thread before I had the truck. Now after having the truck for a half a week, it's even worse than I thought on the Hemi. I've been driving it around following the break-in guidelines in the manual. I drove it down until the range indicator showed LOW which happened around 10 miles of range left. The fuel gauge was square on empty. I filled it up until it clicked off and then waited a bit and filled it again until it clicked off a second time. It took 27.75 gallons. It's bad enough that this truck has a such a paltry fuel capacity, but then they take a further 1/8th of a tank off that in practical usage. Definitely the single biggest thing that I wish was different. I'm not looking forward to watching my fuel needle visibly move while towing.
My 2008 F250 diesel with the 6.4 diesel only had a 24 gallon tank. When towing we would barely get 200 miles without having to fill up. It was crazy how fast that tank would drop when towing 15k lbs. I'm sure the 32 gallon tank on the new truck will help, but also wish I could have purchased the 50 gallon tank with the mega cab.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
- i wish the nav system didnt suck
-why even bother with voice command
-didnt have plastic tailgate and rail caps
-didnt have to setp alfaodb to use features that should be controlled thru the uconnect.
-i wish i could project my phone onto the bigscreen, i need my realtime stock quotes and AA doesn't have a investment app...
-had a place to mount a lightbar
-had a telescoping wheel
****wish i had confidence in the longevity of this truck so i could do some accessories but afraid my CP4 Is gonna turn into a glitter cannon. Which will surely happen when i am 50+ miles from pavement with no cell service (daily) and probably below freezing, but thats where i use it.****

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
- i wish the nav system didnt suck
-why even bother with voice command
-didnt have plastic tailgate and rail caps
-didnt have to setp alfaodb to use features that should be controlled thru the uconnect.
-i wish i could project my phone onto the bigscreen, i need my realtime stock quotes and AA doesn't have a investment app...
-had a place to mount a lightbar
-had a telescoping wheel
****wish i had confidence in the longevity of this truck so i could do some accessories but afraid my CP4 Is gonna turn into a glitter cannon. Which will surely happen when i am 50+ miles from pavement with no cell service (daily) and probably below freezing, but thats where i use it.****
This, in spades. I wanted over the rail Line-X but was extremely disappointed when I learned of these dumb caps and the holes in the bed underneath.

lowfidelity

Reaction score
This, in spades. I wanted over the rail Line-X but was extremely disappointed when I learned of these dumb caps and the holes in the bed underneath.
Yeah I was actually looking into metal replacement caps and then maybe spray those.

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
My truck is 6 months old and that tailgate cap is beat to hell. I think i am going to mount a piece of 1 1/4" aluminium or angleiron (coated not to rust)on inside rim. Can just drop hardware thru those plastic pin holes. That will atleast prevent most of the wear. They say these are heavy duty pick ups...not judging by that plastic

Farmtruck

Reaction score
Yeah I was actually looking into metal replacement caps and then maybe spray those.

I had the metal cover from deezee on my tailgate on my last 4th gen, it really was a nice piece. It was powder coated black so it didn’t stand out, and not much over $100
b8fbd77ac4d232d0f7e5545c2a488cd8.jpg

pgolden

Reaction score
I have made all the changes/mods on my truck bucket list, so I'm happy. 2020 Tradesman. Gooseneck, in-bed wiring, splash guards, all weather mats, MBRP catback, OEM fog lights, rear assist step, Laramie polished wheels, tailgate assist. I've spent almost 3K, but no regrets. I sure enjoyed working on a brand new, clean truck.

diode_ee

Reaction score
I had the metal cover from deezee on my tailgate on my last 4th gen, it really was a nice piece. It was powder coated black so it didn’t stand out, and not much over $100
b8fbd77ac4d232d0f7e5545c2a488cd8.jpg
Do they make this for the rails and for 2019s?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread