Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I might cancel my order

spinned

Reaction score
Ordered a new 2500. It has been months waiting and a local dealer just got 10 new Laramie’s in! I didn’t sign anything on the order other than my $500 deposit is non-refundable. If I went a head and bought one off the lot from this other dealer, what happens to my deal. I mean the truck I ordered will show up sometime. It was pretty loaded but I imagine they could still sell it quickly. I guess I would loose the $500, but is there anything else I should know?

Basser53

Reaction score
If your buying from the same dealer he would most likely put that towards the one u buy.. he'd have to be a real poc not to... only thing is prices may have gone up since you ordered and he should honor your deal on the ordered truck.. may get a different deal on one off the lot..

Dmacmilitant

Reaction score
Ordered a new 2500. It has been months waiting and a local dealer just got 10 new Laramie’s in! I didn’t sign anything on the order other than my $500 deposit is non-refundable. If I went a head and bought one off the lot from this other dealer, what happens to my deal. I mean the truck I ordered will show up sometime. It was pretty loaded but I imagine they could still sell it quickly. I guess I would loose the $500, but is there anything else I should know?
I was told that if I bailed on my order I would receive my $500 deposit back because my order would be prime inventory for them to sell. He said if it was pink and some weird optioned order, it would be a different story.
Luckily, my truck came in and I love it.
05BDA0C4-4DA7-4967-B06E-38F77067DE82.jpeg

BAT3500

Reaction score
Seems like most dealers are saying no refunds on deposits for orders these days. They few i checked with locally wanted you to sign papers to that effect. Don't know for sure that the agreement has any legal backing to it, but I am sure there would be at least a hassle to recoup your funds.

jadmt

Reaction score
My buddy just recently bought a new truck that he ordered and he also had to put $500 down on it. It came really quick ie 8 weeks from ordering it. when it came the dealer offered him $500 plus his deposit back for it if he did not take it. I would talk to the dealer and very likely they will give you the $500 towards one of the ones they got in, especially if yours is well equipped.

tchur1

Reaction score
I was told that if I bailed on my order I would receive my $500 deposit back because my order would be prime inventory for them to sell. He said if it was pink and some weird optioned order, it would be a different story.
View attachment 32935
Truck looks awesome - I know this isnt the right thread to ask so slap my wrist if needed, but what size tires/wheels are on that and is it leveled/lifted?

NightTrain

Reaction score
Most reputable dealers, that want to keep a good reputation, would refund your deposit - especially in this market.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
My local dealer asked for $1000, I told them I would do $500. Says non-refundable deposit right on the documents we signed. I told them you know if I'm dead when the truck comes in or the deal fails for whatever other reason, you'll have it sold again in very short order, probably same day. They said they weren't sure about a loaded chassis cab truck. I said yeah, in today's market if you don't sell it another dealer somewhere will spot it and nail it in no time.

If my deal does fall through, I expect I may still be able to talk them out of the deposit money since I'm local and word gets around a small town like wild fire. With the online reviews and all the social media nowadays, dealers are more cognizant than ever about what people are saying about them.

Ask for it back. Really nothing to lose.

BurnMac42

Reaction score
View attachment 32935

Not to derail too much but love your stance and tire/wheel combo. Mind sharing what the setup is real quick?

dynocompe

Reaction score
My local dealer asked for $1000, I told them I would do $500. Says non-refundable deposit right on the documents we signed. I told them you know if I'm dead when the truck comes in or the deal fails for whatever other reason, you'll have it sold again in very short order, probably same day. They said they weren't sure about a loaded chassis cab truck. I said yeah, in today's market if you don't sell it another dealer somewhere will spot it and nail it in no time.

If my deal does fall through, I expect I may still be able to talk them out of the deposit money since I'm local and word gets around a small town like wild fire. With the online reviews and all the social media nowadays, dealers are more cognizant than ever about what people are saying about them.

Ask for it back. Really nothing to lose
Why would it be the dealers fault? They told you ahead of time its non refundable and even made you sign that its not refundable. So what is there to bad mouth about? Simply dont deal with dealers who make you sign this if you dont agree with it. Why support their practices if you dont agree.

Dmacmilitant

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome - I know this isnt the right thread to ask so slap my wrist if needed, but what size tires/wheels are on that and is it leveled/lifted?
Probably wrong thread but oh well… 37’s on 20x9 +0 offset Hostile rims with a 1.75” Thuren spring kit in the front. It’s a 3500 Cummins with Auto air level suspension but I did nothing to the rear. I think you can click my name and see my other posts with more detail on leveling and trimming for fitment.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Why would it be the dealers fault? They told you ahead of time its non refundable and even made you sign that its not refundable. So what is there to bad mouth about? Simply dont deal with dealers who make you sign this if you dont agree with it. Why support their practices if you dont agree.
I never said anything was the dealer's fault or that I bad mouth them. I just said if I asked for my deposit back I might get. The dealer might figure keeping the deposit isn't worth the risk of creating any bad blood. I have nothing against them, they've been great so far.

dynocompe

Reaction score
I never said anything was the dealer's fault or that I bad mouth them. I just said if I asked for my deposit back I might get. The dealer might figure keeping the deposit isn't worth the risk of creating any bad blood. I have nothing against them, they've been great so far.
" I expect I may still be able to talk them out of the deposit money since I'm local and word gets around a small town like wild fire. With the online reviews and all the social media nowadays, dealers are more cognizant than ever about what people are saying about them."

lol thats good then, I just didnt think you were implying you were going to be spreading good words about them. Sorry that whole mindset on people pisses me off! Bashing a business online for them holding you to your contract you agreed upon! I wont say the K word, but this has that attitude all over it!

jetrinka

Reaction score
I canceled the order for my 3500 diesel when I learned of and drove a Power Wagon the dealer got in instead.

Then 5 months later I was there and saw the truck I had ordered. Even confirmed after finding the VIN I had been given during the build process. The dealer had kept the build and then sold it for way more money.

Nice truck but I’m glad I’m in the PW

mcarey

Reaction score
I canceled the order for my 3500 diesel when I learned of and drove a Power Wagon the dealer got in instead.

Then 5 months later I was there and saw the truck I had ordered. Even confirmed after finding the VIN I had been given during the build process. The dealer had kept the build and then sold it for way more money.

Nice truck but I’m glad I’m in the PW
Thats what they'll all do. Aside from some hideous paint color, or some horrible series of options, a truck you or I build will likely be desired by tons of others - and given current market situations, more valuable on their lot.

Users who are viewing this thread