Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I suppose there's a non-zero chance this is good news for the true 5th gen HDs

Habu987

Reaction score

I wonder what the official plans are for Warren for the gap between October and 2Q21 when the Wagoneers are supposed to start production? I suppose there's technically a non-zero chance that the HDs could finally make the move, but it's probably more likely that a different product will fill the production gap.

Any scuttlebutt on what Warren's going to be cranking out for that 5+ month gap?

D

Deleted member 80

HD production is staying at Saltillo, last I read.

Habu987

Reaction score
Yeah, I've read the same, though it's not outside the realm of possibility that FCA pulls a switcheroo.

That said, it's far more likely something else will be produced in the meantime, but I'm drawing a complete blank on what vehicle(s) it could be. I can't see FCA leaving the factory running at reduced capacity for 5+ months, so I'm sure something besides just the 5G 1500 will be produced there.

Users who are viewing this thread